The Beginning

Getting back into the car I let Sammy drive back to the motel. "Bella, congratulations." Dean pops his head in between the two front seats before sliding out of the car. "I'll let y'all talk..." I ignore the wink he throws to Sam as I close my eyes leaning back against the head rest.

"I thought that I was getting rid of him because he murdered those women...it was terrible what he did to them. They were burned alive." I refuse to look at Sam. "There murder wasn't about blood. It was about fear and pain—But I fear that I am as much a monster as he is. When he was on his knees — I felt something— I was pleased that he was terrified of me. I wanted him to hurt like he hurt me."

Sam steps out of the car door which causes my heart to drop. I am a monster. My car door opens and his hand is stretched out. Hesitantly I reach for it. I am pulled into his form, his body engulfs mine as a dry sob leaves by chest. "You are not a monster Isabella Swan." Pulling back I see a flicker of something in his eyes but before I can analyze it it's gone.

He grabs my bag and my hand as we walk into the motel. The older man who greeted me upon my arrival scowls at us. Sam leads me to my room and leans against the door, his eyes glazed over in thought.  "Edward Cullen was a piece of shit." He states simply causing me to chuckle. "And Esme and Carlise helped him. Their blood isn't on your hands." A sly grin forms, "actually there was no blood at all. Just a lump of stone." His attitude shifts causing me to gasp and the weight of his gaze.

"Being a hunter doesn't make us immune to the guilt. We are murderers." His eyes analyze me seeing how I react to the blunt truth. "But without us the evil in this world would run rampant. If you think about it we are kind of a necessary evil."

My hands fumble with the key not ready to end our conversation. When I look back to Sam my eyes stop on his lips. Quickly looking away once more, I quietly scold myself. "I don't know what you do to me Sam Winchester."

He looks at me questioningly but before either of us can respond Dean opens the door next to us. "It's Dad."

Dean grips the wheel of his Impala with enough force to snap it as he speeds through the town. "What did he say?" Sam sits in the passenger seat. I grip his arm from the back seat trying to offer some form of comfort. "Dean!" Sam yells. "Nothing," Dean replies through closed teeth. "He just said to come to the cabin.

When we reach the cabin I rush out of the car my borrowed gun at my hip. The night sky cast an eerie shadow over the abandoned cabin. "Bella you might want to stay back," Sam says which earns him a scoff from both myself and Dean. "She just killed three cold ones. I think she can handle a demon."

Dean flanks the left, Sam the left and I look for higher ground. Spotting a fallen limb leaned against the roof I began the climb. Watching my step I crawl onto the roof. "Please hold," I whisper as the roof begins to cave in. Sam and Dean enter the building as soon as I slide in. Our guns are positioned ready for an attack.

"Dad!" Sam shouts seeing  his father alone. His hands covered in blood. "She's gone," the oldest Winchester nods to his oldest son. Dean scowls at his father's overly dramatic call. "We thought you were dead." "Well she's dead and I got the information I needed." His eyes go to the ceiling to the left of where I'm seated.

"You can come down." Using the rafters I swing to the floor. My ankle twists slightly, sending pain up my leg. Shaking it off I approach John. Reaching out my hand to shake his he wipes his hands on his pants before accepting the hand shake. "So you're the woman my son can't stop thinking about."

Dean chuckles and interjects before I can respond. "Yes, she is all I dream about." His elbow nudges Sam whose cheeks turned bright pink. John continues going over what had happened. "Now I have to go." "Go?" Dean asks all amusement gone. "We just got you back and now you're going to leave?" Sam frowns. John simply nods. "It would be best if we split up. You boys have each other," he turns to me, "and Bella if she chooses to stay."

I ponder the offer as the Winchestor brothers argue with their father. I have completed my first mission. The Cullens are taken care of but there is a world filled with demons, monsters, and uneducated hunters. In my travels before and after Damon I made it my goal to learn about the souls of the so called abominations of the earth. Many of the monsters are no more than the spawn of Lucifer himself but others' redemption might be within their grasp.

"Fine," Dean sulks and heads back to the car. Sam follows close behind after giving his father a parting hug. "Isabella," John catches my hand. "It's Bella," I correct the clearly exhausted hunter. This separation from his sons is clearly not an easy choice. "Protect them, Bella. I hope to see you again shortly."