Chapter 11: White vertigo sHtick

Hey guys!  Thank you so much for the feedback! It makes my writing experience more gratifying. I think this is the longest chapter so far... I hope you'll like it! Stay Safe :)

-D

* * * * * *

Stefani's POV

"To make up for the sudden no-show, I'll be here until you get rid of me" Bradley smiled apologetically and handed me whole-grain pretzels he bought as his 'peace offering'.

"I really feel bad Stef, so bad that our late night calls wouldn't suffice. I just got caught up with...everything and-"

"This won't mix well with the good Jameson Irish Whiskey-based cocktail huh" I sat next to him, too tired to think about changing my cropped shirt.

"Stef" he leaned against the arm of my couch and placed his leg up onto the cushion to make room for me. 

"I handled it pretty well. So calm your horses Cooper. Wait, what do you mean until I get rid of you? Aren't you busy?" I asked, scooting towards Bradley, crossing my legs in front of him, my face close to his knee.

"Irina's out of town and I brought some of my stuff in case I need to work on something. So, do we start with your bad news or with my good news?" He asks and shuffled his bag on the floor.

"I'll start." I said as I adjusted my posture. "Although I don't think there's anything you sho-"

"You clearly said that talking over the phone about your break-up didn't feel right. All our phone calls consisted on how our days went. So just let it out Stefani" Bradley encouraged.

"Okay... After I went home from dinner, he basically surprised me before I could surprise him. He said some shit about me being insensitive for not being at home for his birthday, not having time for him, trust... He tried to manipulate my mind by making me think I won't be enough for the role, gave me tips which was hard to fathom whether he was belittling me or genuinely giving me advice. He let his assumptions of me being unfaithful in the long run get in the way and I tried to fight for him but I just had enough."

"I'm so sorry Stef. I should've been there for you. God. You do know nothing he said was true right? I can't even tell you how terrible I feel right now" he said closing his eyes as he hugged me.

"No, B. It's okay. Your friend needed you back home. How is he holding up by the way?" He pulled away from the hug and looked at me, "He's doing better. It's difficult to see someone who means to you suffer."

I sighed. "Tell me about it. I live every day wishing I could do something, anything to lessen the pain Sonja goes through." Bradley sent me a sympathetic smile and said "Yeah. Wait, you forgot to tell me about your mini-meltdown in AHS" he stated, making me continue the story.

"Pfft, it was hardly a meltdown. Uh, it was more of worries endlessly piling, you know, with you gone, it made me feel more worried about Sonja, then the record, meetings... AND I haven't slept. It got frustrating 'coz we were still shooting after a long day and the creative directors made fucking abrupt changes. So I had a tensed conversation with the producers on set." I said, rolling my eyes remembering the exaggerated published headlines about my 'meltdown'.

"ANYWAY, I forgot to give him back my engagement ring so I texted him and we met at the bar. I drunk a couple drinks and my stupid ass decided we weren't over just quite yet and... well, we became ex-with benefits." I bowed my head in embarrassment.

I caught Bradley exhale sharply but I continued, "I went to his house when I got my senses back which was 9 days after, to officially break things off."