01 | E.T. and Big Macs

Issei Matsukawa yawned and slumped down further into the beaten-up couch. He had just finished helping his roommate, Tooru Oikawa, move all of his furniture into their new apartment. The roommate in question sat down beside him, looking too perky for a guy who was moving furniture from ten o'clock at night to one in the morning.

"Oh, I'm so happy to finally have a roommate, Matsu-chan! Someone to help ease the costs of living is just what I need." Oikawa practically crooned, laying his head on Matsukawa's shoulder and batting his eyelashes dramatically. "You were the first one that came to mind when I realized I needed one."

Matsukawa flicked the other mans forehead. "Don't lie to me, Oikawa. We all know you wanted to room with Iwaizumi, and cried for three days straight when he said no." He said, pinching Oikawa's ear.

"How did you know?" Oikawa cried, shooting up from Matsukawa's shoulder.

"I didn't. I just guessed. But thanks for confirming my suspicions."

"Ugh! So rude, Matsu-chan." Oikawa pouted.

Suddenly, Oikawa's ringtone went off, and Katy Perry's E.T. blasted through the room.

"Hello, Tooru speaking." Oikawa answered the phone, and Matsukawa could tell who called by the change in his demeanor. Oikawa shifted his torso and bit his lip, practically hanging onto every word that the caller was saying. Yep, it's Iwaizumi.

Oikawa chatted on the phone, slowly pacing around the apartment. Matsukawa swore he heard him coo.

Matsukawa couldn't help but sigh. It wasn't that he was jealous of their relationship, but he couldn't help eavesdropping on their calls, yearning for the same intimacy with someone. What if I had someone? He had a hole inside that friendship couldn't fill. It gnawed away at him practically every time he saw a couple in public. This is stupid, he would always think, but he could never rid the craving of that special kind of attention.

He brushed that train of thought away as his stomach growled. Time for a late night snack. Matsukawa made his way to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Leftover bags of take-out and cans of Redbull littered the shelves, so he grabbed a greasy bag of McDonalds.

Oikawa, now done with his phone call, dragged his feet into the kitchen looking quite disgruntled. "Stupid Hajime! He won't come visit tomorrow. I wanna see him." He whined.

Matsukawa rolled his eyes. "You big baby. You literally saw him this morning for breakfast. One day isn't going to kill you. Besides, don't you have an exam tomorrow afternoon? You should probably use tonight and the rest of tomorrow to study."

Oikawa's eyes flew open. "The test!" He shrieked. Oikawa practically flew out of the kitchen, almost wiping out on the hardwood floor. He ran to his room, slamming the door. Matsukawa chuckled.

Poor Oikawa. Imagine having exams. Can't relate. He took a bite of his Big Mac. Then it dawned on him.

"I'm literally in the same classes as him, I can relate." Matsukawa groaned. He threw his burger back in the fridge and stomped to his room.

"Fucking fantastic."

• • • • •

A/N

I'm fucking back, baby ;)