Chapter 2

"WHOS READY TO GET WASTED!!" vector yelled high-fiving charmy and Espio.
"I'll go in and grab us a table" Shadow said with his arms crossed.
"Now that's more like it!" vector cheered.
"Yeah! Go shadow!" charmy yelled as Shadow stepped through the door
just as shadow opened the door it slammed into a woman causing her to fall to the ground and everything in her purse spilling out onto the floor.
"Forgive me" Shadow said nervously bending down to help her pick up her belongings.
"Its shadow right?"
The hairs on shadows neck stood straight up. It couldn't be.
Shadow looked up and there she was face-to-face with him. That voice. That look. Those eyes. That gaze. "I believe we ran into each other at the supermarket about a month ago"
"Uh...yeah" Shadow laughed nervously. "I uh.. never caught your name"
"Oh!" she said as she smacked her forehead. "I never properly introduce myself" she said with a familiar laugh.
"It's Maria"

Maria stepped into the bathroom and splashed water on her face.
She just didn't get it.
"How come everytime I see that guy he looks so.... Familiar?" she thought.
"and how come he looks at me the exact same way..?"

1 Month Earlier
Maria picked at her food. She was sitting across the table in the food court from her friends honey and Bean. They were arguing about something as always.
"Is something wrong Maria?" asked honey looking at her curiously.
"Yeah you've been looking Mopey for the last 20 minutes" said bean from across the table as well. "Whats been bothering ya?"
"I just saw someone today" said Maria. "at the supermarket, but he looked really familiar"
"Explain" said Honey the Cat, looking concerned but interested.

Earlier that day Maria was having a seemingly normal time shopping at the supermarket. As she was grabbing milk off the shelf, there was someone looking at her from a distance. as she glanced over she saw a black Hedgehog with what looked like red racing stripes on his spikes. He had some weird gold jewelry bracelet around his wrists, and weird looking shoes.
"can I help you stranger?" Maria asked barely looking over.
"Do you know me ?" he asked.
"Um...can I at least get your name?" Maria laughed.
"Shadow....it's shadow"
He was standing right behind her this time. "no I don't know a shadow, you must have the wrong person" Maria said bluntly
"Oh....that's uh, that's fine" the Hedgehog said walking away. He sounded disappointed for some reason.
As he was walking away Maria glanced at him and then all of a sudden it hit her. Why did he look so familiar? She's never seen him in her entire life yet his presence felt so important. She couldn't quite put her finger on it.
"Pffffft" Bean the dynamite interrupted, "yeah I've heard of that loser. I beat his ass in a tournament about few years back."
Honey laughed, "yeah right, you know he put up a good fight"
"yeah but he definitely wasn't very bright, nobody will ever outsmart me with my genius brain" bean said back taking a bite of his pizza.
"ha! You're one to talk!" honey said back. "in your second year of college and you are STILL failing chemistry"
"chemistry isn't as easy as you think it is honey" bean said with a snort
"Doesn't it involve explosives?" honey asked sarcastically. "isn't that like your speciality?"
"OH YOURE ONE TO TALK!" Bean shouted back, "you used to be one of the greatest fighters, and now you're a doctor???" being said laughing.
"I fought for my life during the eggman empire" honey said back. "it wasn't something I enjoyed, it's what I had to do to survive, unlike you who just blew things up just for fun"
"What can I say?" bean shrugged, "like you said, it's my speciality" bean laughed
"Can you just let Maria finish her story?" honey said to Bean, annoyed.
"Yeah yeah.."
"I don't know.." Maria said still poking at her food, "I've never seen that guy in my life, but he didn't just look familiar, it was a feeling that there was something about him that was important"
"It's just a common case of déjà vu" honey said, "everybody has it at some point, something you see will look familiar because you may have seen it in a dream or something, but it's never actually something or someone you've met or seen before. It has no relevance in your life"
"yeah it's best if you forget about him", bean said, "he's not exactly the best looking anyway compared to my handsome mug and gorgeous good looks"
Honey chuckled, "yeah I'm not too sure about that Bean"
"What the hell is THAT supposed to mean??" he said waving his fists at honey.