Prologue

Edit: 

Trigger Warnings: (Mentions of) underage drinking, family loss, car accident, loneliness(kinda) 

ADRIA'S POV- Hello, I'm Adria Mitchell. I'm 13, and currently moving AGAIN!!! My family has to move constantly for my father's job. I never get to make, really, any friends, and even if I do, I have to leave them! Lately, we were living in a penthouse in New York City. That may sound like a dream to some people, and I don't want to complain, but sometimes it seems too empty, the halls all to quiet. My parents tend to stay in their offices or room. Other than when my mom goes shopping. 

You're probably thinking, you're a rich teenage girl, don't you like shopping? Going to the mall? 

It's okay, but I'd rather be sitting in a quiet library, or sleeping over with friends, or singing in our karaoke room, or really anything that doesn't involve buying something. 

My family wasn't always rich. We used to be a nice middle classed family, my brother, my parents, and me. They raised me to be my own self, confident. I grew up being boyish, not playing with dolls. That's why when we became wealthy, it was a really big change for me. We went to a lot of fancy dinners and ceremonies, and my parents became more distant. What about my brother? Asher, my brother, was 17 at the time. He and his friends did some bad things, partying late at night. One of his older friends, who usually drove, got drunk. And by 'older' I mean 19, so he was still underage. While driving home with my brother and a few other friends, the boy crashed the car. It killed him, and my brother, who was passed out in the front seat, also drunk. The three kids in the back made it out with minor injuries, along with fines for possession of alcohol while underage.

After my brother's death, my mother also started drinking. She never hurt anyone or did anything really stupid, but she was never up to make me breakfast, or watch a movie, or do anything. Although we did get her to stop drinking, she still never did these things with me. She was always out shopping, or with some other rich wives. She cared about me, but she thought that I was mature enough to be fine with everything going on.

She was wrong.

My dad was really sweet. He cared, always came to check on me while I was sick, woke me up if I overslept, made sure I was in bed at night, even helped me with homework if I needed it. He was always super busy, and even though he wouldn't get mad, I didn't want to distract him with my problems.

So, no, my life, is not perfect as it seems so from the outside.

So, we're moving once more. My dad thought it'd be a good idea to leave the city life.

So, my dad handed down his business to his best employee, and retired, still making money from the company. He decided we should move down to a small town in Florida, where we could relax, and I could finally make friends. My mom wasn't very happy having to leave the city, but she got over it when she found out about the beaches.

Well, let's get into the story.