Chapter 2. New to School

Christian POV:

I've lived in Edgewater my entire life. My parents have been divorced since my sister was born when I was one. My dad was in and out of jail, and Mom didn't trust him with us. She later got remarried, to a man that already had a child, 2 years older than me. A year after their marriage, they had another child, yet another girl.

So, I live with my mom, Marie, my sister Bella, my stepdad, Carl, my stepsister, Valerie, and my halfsister, Elena. We're a good family, no real problems. Our only issue is money.

As a 13-year-old, I can't do much to help, except yard and housework. Valerie works at Starbucks, so Pops drives her to on his way to work. Bella and I have more chores around the house, like weeding the flowerbeds, laundry, looking after Elena, collecting garbage, changing the sheets, and vacuuming. My mom is a teacher in the city high school.

Fast forward to December, I'm almost half ways through my 7th-grade year. Bella's in 6th grade, Val's in high school, and-

"Class, we have a new student. Please be kind and welcome her," my homeroom teacher, Ms. Cassidy, announces, quieting everyone as she opens the door.

"Hi," the girl says quietly, "my name is Adrianna Mitchell, and I just moved here with my family from New York... It's- uh- nice to meet you all.

"Ok, sweetie, go sit behind Michael," Ms. Cassidy says, "Michael raise your hand, please."

The boy in front of me to the last raises his hand. Adrianna will be sitting right next to me. 

She comes and sits down. "Hi, I'm Christian!"

She smiles at me and nods, "Nice to meet you. Do you think you could show me around?"

"It'd be my pleasure!"

I did not expect that we would become such close friends. 

Oh, God, she seemed so quiet at first.

BOY was I wrong.