Chapter 1. A Final New Beginning

Adria POV:

I walked into the two-story house, which I now lived in. I'd been here only twice before. I was given a room on the second floor, plus the room next to it for any projects or crafts I wanted to do. 

I was sitting alone in my room, the day after we moved in. I was waiting for my dad to get back with paint for my walls. I had put a bunch of table cloths down over the carpet, and had all of my painting tools. I was on a folding chair I had put down, and texting my mom. She was at some bar on the beach.

"Sweetie!" I heard someone yell, making me jump.

"I'm up here, Dad!!" I shouted back, taking out my earbuds. I plugged my phone into a small speaker, and put on my Panic! At The Disco playlist. My father walked in, holding 4 buckets of paint, and two rollers.

"I see you set up."

"Indeed," I teased, in my 'proper' accent.

"Is this that group that you like, what was it called," he joked back, knowing full well what this was, "Terror at the Party?"

"Panic! At The Disco but close enough."

We opened the paints and started painting the walls. Around halfway done, the music stopped as I got a notification, making my dad jump.

"Chill, Panic at the Everywhere! It's just a notification for my favorite basketball team," I say, picking up my phone.

"Oh, did they win??"

They were nowhere near. Their team had 14 points, while the other team had 32. "Not even close. 14 -32. They almost never win, though."

"May the odds be never in our favor..." we both mumbled in an Effie-like accent, before laughing at our unison.

We finished up painting, and went out to lunch. "You've never had a TACO?!" My dad was shocked.

"No, mom never let me, and anytime we went out, it was some fancy place," I replied.

"We're getting tacos."

Mental note:

Tacos are delicious .