Pt. 15

T.W. ⚠️‼️

3rd Person POV

Tae pulled Mae down the basement's stairs, grabbing a chair from the old desks and having her sit down, grabbing a chair for himself and sitting in front of her, a cold expression staying still on his face. He just stared at the girl, obviously frightened by his actions and why she was where they were. Mae eyed to the side, looking at the empty shelves for anything she could defend herself with in any way. She then gave a side look at the stairs that led to the door, thinking about a possible escape.

"Don't even think about leaving. The door auto locks and there's nothing on those shelves that you would find useful." Tae said finally, raising an eyebrow at her dimly set plan he decoded easily.

Tae stood up, licking his lips as he walked slowly in a circle around Mae, enjoying every second of this. "You know Mae. I'll give you credit. You've got some damn nerve to pull an escape while we were gone. Now did it last? No but you got at least a day." he paused, stopping in his tracks in front of her and behind his chair, a small smirk appearing at the corner of his lips. "And you somehow managed to fall into legal hands! Ah... what are the odds?" He gasped, jokingly just teasing her at this point.

Tae took some steps towards Mae, standing beside his chair now. "You just put two extra people in danger because of your idiotic behavior." He whispered, shaking his head as he got closer to her. "I didn't want it to come to this my dear." he said, brushing a strand of hair behind Mae's ear and leaning into it, "but your every action does have its fallouts." he whispered again, chuckling deeply as he saw her shiver, standing up straight again. He walked over to a table, barely visible in the low lighting that only illuminated certain circles of the room at a time. He stepped in the light again, seemingly empty handed until the light shimmer of metal caught Mae's eye. Her eyes widened as she stood up, backing herself up and over to the stairs.

"W-what are you doing with that?" she stuttered, holding her hands out in front of her in defense like that was going to protect her.

Tae's grin grew wider at her question, pulling the dull knife out from behind his back. "What? This?" He chuckled, a psychotic laugh that made this look just that much worse. "Love. How else am I supposed to get it through to you? You're mine, no one else's. Pain can sometimes help people see the truth." He explained, stepping closer and closer to Mae with every other word.

Mae almost tripped on the first stair before she raced up them on all fours, quick to start pounding as loudly on the door as she could. But Tae wasn't much slower, he got up to her, putting her head in a head lock between his arm while he dragged her down the stairs backwards. Mae screamed, the cutting of the skin on her arm pausing all other sensations in her body at once, she continued to frail against Tae, threatening escape even at risk of damaging herself further. Tae finally stopped, pushing her forward where she fell against the wall, landing in a huddle on the floor as she sobbed, holding her now bleeding forearm. He sighed, running a bloody hand through his hair and going up towards the stairs.

"Wait!" Mae yelled, reaching out to Tae where he stopped, turning to look at her with his eyebrows raised. "Y...you're just going to leave me to bleed like this?!" She sobbed out, panting as she tried to even her breathing.

"We'll continue this as much as we need to." He continued going up the stairs, expressionless once again, "Jin will tend to them when I allow it. You'll be given breakfast, lunch and dinner as usual." He informed her, getting his key out with a clean hand and opening the door, shutting it behind him and leaving Mae to sob alone down there.

As soon as he shut the door, he was being watched by the disappointed face of Jin, washing a plate with a wash cloth as Tae walked past.

"What you're doing is wrong Tae." Jin said sternly, looking over Taehyung's form as he turned to face him, gesturing for him to go on with a nod. "This is beyond manipulation, and taking advantage. You're abusing the girl Taehyung!" he shouted, trying really hard to get his point across.

Tae set the dirtied knife on the counter beside Jin, leaning against the counter and clicking his tongue at the elders comment. "I've already hurt her before. So this could be considered practically nothing." He shrugged, grabbing an extra wet wash cloth and scrubbing at his blood covered hand.

"No... don't you get it? Bringing these women into this mess of a life. And for what? Your own desire and personal gain?" Jin shook his head, setting the plate down in the sink and backing up from the counter, looking up at the ceiling to avoid Tae's sight.

"Don't blame me for this hyung. If you didn't like it you should've left the one chance you got to do so."

"If that's the case let Jungkook, Mae and I go. We'll never speak of your shit again!"

It was Tae's turn to shake his head, putting the cloth in the sink and letting it sit in hot water, "You know I can't trust you guys to leave on this and not saying anything. There's no backing out now hyung." he sighed, ringing out the water from the rag and folding it on the counter.

"She's innocent Taehyung! She did nothing wrong!"

"But I love her!!" His sudden scream made Jin flinch, his rage on full display.

Tae let out a breath, turning to his elder, "hyung, I'll fully tell you why I do things one day just please follow my lead for now. I'm trying to protect her."

Jin nodded, keeping his eye on Tae until he went behind the corner and up the stairs, needing sometime to stay away from Taehyung. Meanwhile, Tae went into the living room, looking over from Namjoon to Jimin, giving a side glance to Jungkook.

"I'm going to need you to go upstairs, Kook." He mumbled, stepping in front of him to sit down next to Hoseok.

"Hyung?" Jungkook began, watching Tae slowly lower to sitting before he spoke again, "don't hurt her." Tae only nodded, staring at the floor in front of him and not the younger boy. Jungkook left, leaving Tae, Jimin, Namjoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi in the living room.

"Now, I don't understand how, but Mae had gotten herself in the hands of an official officer. As meek as the police force may be around this area, this doesn't mean a threat to our exposure hasn't grown." he paused, meeting the eyes of everyone sat around and then continuing, "we need to take more cautious actions for the next few weeks. And Jimin and Hoseok." The two perked up, the worry increasing suddenly on their faces, "Go get rid of the threat and his partner. Leave no traces of yourselves and then come straight back." Taehyung ordered, cocking his head over to the door.

Jimin and Hoseok both got up, rushing out the door to get his order done quickly.

It was only 2:07 PM

=1276=

A/n:

Wow, a second one. It was requested I didn't leave it hanging. Hope you enjoyed <3 AuthorChim out!