xvi. the hoax

You liked C/N so much, but you were invisible to him. You thought there was no way he would ever date you.

As you're walking to class with Y/F/N, you notice that C/N and his girlfriend, Jessica were fighting in the hallway. It was the middle of the day, but your friend and you were going to lunch. The halls were surprisingly not crowded at all. They were dead silent. Y/F/N and you stopped in your tracks and hid around the corner to spy on them. You couldn't hear well, but they were yelling. The last thing you heard was C/N say "It's over." You peek around the corner to see C/N walking away from Jessica with a disappointing look on his face. You notice Jessica sitting on the floor crying by the lockers. You start to walk over to her when Y/F/N pulls your arm back.

"What are you doing, she doesn't know we were watching her and she doesn't even like you. The last face she would want to see right now is yours." Y/F/N says. You roll your eyes. " Ok, I'm gonna go catch up with C/N." Y/F/N nods their head and responds. "Okay, I'll catch up with you at lunch." You start running after C/N when he looks back and you guys come face to face. You stare intently into each other's eyes and you can feel your heart beating out of your chest. You feel like the only two people in the world are you two and you want to stay in this moment forever. You guys break apart like you've been broken from a curse. You both pull apart to each other chuckling awkwardly.

"Um C/N are you ok? I just saw Jessica crying." You ask innocently.

"Well actually she's not my girlfriend anymore, I just ended it." C/N says frustratingly. "It was just annoying how she had to control everything, if things didn't go her way she would put us on a break, she would flip out even if I said hi to a girl in the hallways. That's not how I want to live my life. I just want a girl who can be on the same wavelength as me." He explained. "C/N, I'm so sorry that you had to go through that." My heart hurt when C/N said that. I care about him so much. "Hey, Y/N, can you meet me in the library at recess ( break if you don't have recess .) ?" C/N asked while he started walking. You followed him for a bit. "Why?" You asked curiously. Secretly you were so excited. "You'll see. Just meet me, okay?" C/N explained flirtatiously. You needed to get to Y/F/N as soon as possible. You looked behind you to see Jessica standing right behind you. You gasped in shock.

"Why were you just talking to C/N?" Jessica asked, crossing her arms. "Why do you care? He broke with you." You sass her. Jessica rolls her eyes in disgust. "Who do you think you are, I can make C/N hate you in a heartbeat, so watch who you're talking to." She said meanly. "I'm talking to you. If you think that C/N is going to believe anything you say, think again hon'." You snap back. That's why you are built like Kermit from the muppets, shut up. You thought. You walked away while shoving her shoulder to the side.

You run down the hall to find Y/F/N looking down at her phone. "Y/F/N! Guess what?!" you say excitedly. "What?" YF/N asks not half an inch as excited as you were. "C/N invited me to hang out with him at the library!" You say excitedly. "Woah. Don't mess it up! Good luck!" Y/F/N finally says excitedly. You ran down the stairs so fast it felt like your legs were about to fall off.

Finally, you go to the library and you see C/N sitting there with his computer open at the table in the middle. You opened the door, walked over to C/N and tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey Y/N." C/N said. He seemed tired. You waved and took a seat across from him. "So, I asked you here so I could ask you for a favor." C/N said while looking into my eyes. My heart skipped a beat. "So.. what is it?" I asked curiously. "Y/N, will you go out with me?" C/N asked confidently.

"Umm... C/N don't you think you're moving on too fast?" you said. "No, I mean fake dating, I want to make Jessica jealous." C/N responded. On the outside, you were skeptical and calm. But on the inside, you were freaking out. "Mhm. And, why do you need her validation?" You asked. You wanted to say yes so badly, but you shouldn't seem eager. "I don't. It's more of a personal validation. For so many months she made me feel like I was constantly doing something wrong. I know it's not a good thing, but I want her to know how it feels when someone messes with your feelings." C/N responded wholeheartedly.

You started to blush and was surprised, you've never heard someone say something with so much emotion. "What do I get out of this?" you asked C/N.

"You can pretend to be my girlfriend..." He said. I rolled my eyes. "Okay, fine." I agreed. On the outside, I was cool ( thankfully ), and on the inside, I was so excited!

So sorry from Maya and I! Stay safe everyone <3 ( ty for almost 2.0 k )