f o u r

(a/n) hi i dont like this chapter cuz  dont like how i wrote it okay bye

 The bell rang, making me shoot up from the slouching position I was in on my desk. I hadn't noticed that class was almost over. I was lost in thought. Thinking about how much I wanted to leave, and imagining all the things I could do outside of this boring classroom. I grabbed all my stuff off of my desk, which consisted of a folder, a pencil and my diary, and quickly shoved them in my bag. Before picking up my bag, though, I opened my front pocket and took out my phone. I didn't like keeping my phone in my pocket because I was always scared it would fall out. It had happened before at my old school. I was lectured for not having my phone in a safer place. That wasn't fun. Now I picked up my bag, and hurriedly ran out the door, as everyone else had already left. However, as I left, I ran into somebody.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry." I said, panicked.

"No, no! It's okay. It was totally my fault." I heard the feminine voice laugh nervously.

I looked up to see a ginger haired girl, wearing an army green vest with a few patches over a flannel shirt, consisting of a blue color scheme. To match the vest, she was wearing army green shorts, which went just below her knees. Finally, she was wearing light brown laced up boots with some striped socks.

"I'm Cady. Um- Cady Heron." She said, holding out her hand.

"(y/n) (l/n)." I grabbed her hand and shook it.

I let go, "I've got to go." I said. "Um, but I'll see you around?"

"Yeah! Yeah. Bye, (y/n)." She said, waving.

"Bye, um Cady." I shrugged before lifting my hand as a goodbye gesture.

She walked away first. After she was a good distance away, I started backing up, when I backed up into someone. I mentally face-palmed. Twice in five minutes. Nice going (y/n).

"Who was that?" I jumped before realizing that I recognized the voice as Janis'.

I turned around, shrugging, "She said her name is Cady. Cady Heron." I walked up to her and we started walking together. "That's all she said. I just bumped into her leaving science." I said.

"Ahh. Yeah, Damian mentioned her. He said she moved here from Africa or something?"

I nodded, "So do you take the bus or?" I asked, not knowing how to continue the conversation.

"I walk home." She said. "I only live a couple houses down the street."

"Really? So do I." I said, smiling. "What if we're like- neighbors or something."

"Yeah, maybe." I saw her smile to herself. "It would be really cool if we were like neighbors." She mocked me.

I scoffed, "Shut up." I said, play-hitting her.

When we got to the walkers area, it was basically empty. Everyone was far ahead or even home by now. It was still cold like it was this morning, which sent shivers down my spine.

"Are you cold?" She asked, laughing.

"Yes." I muttered.

"How?" She asked, clearly shocked.

"Leave me alone." I said, now smiling.

"I'm serious. How is this cold to you? It's like," She pulled her phone out of her pocket. "sixty-eight degrees!"

"Oh my gosh, shut up. I moved here from Florida, you know." I said, shoving her a little bit.

Bad idea on my part as it engaged us both in a shoving battle. She won. It was not a fair match, might I add as she was on the side by the road and I didn't want her to get run over so I didn't shove her hard. She took this as a chance to call me weak. So I shoved her harder and she fell off the curb and a school bus went rushing by, almost hitting her. She was scared when it happened, I could tell, but when she got back on the sidewalk, she began laughing. Hard.

"Oh my gosh shut up already! You could've died!" I shouted, pulling her towards me.

"For goodness sakes calm down." She rolled her eyes. "I'm still here, aren't I?"

I glared at her before pulling her to the other side of me. I would prefer it if I didn't kill my first friend at North Shore. Luckily, we managed to get home before either of us died.

"This is my house." I said, stopping in front of the place I would now be calling home.

"Wow, we're like neighbors!" She said, blandly.

"Really?" I asked, hopefully.

"No, I live at the end of the street."

"Oh." I deflated.

"Well, see you later." I said, turning away.

"Wait." She grabbed my shoulder.

Her hands were freezing. I could feel it through the cloth of my shirt. I tensed up. She could probably tell because she removed her hand right away afterwards.

"What?" I asked, sinking my shoulders.

"Give me your phone."

"What?"

"Give me your phone."

I looked down at my phone. It was an iPhone 7, covered by a case, of course; most phones are. My case was clear with a dark green rim. It was kind of boring, but inside of it, I had placed a show ticket from the most recent musical I had gone to, which was Hadestown. It looked pretty cool to me, but people who weren't into musical theatre would probably not agree with that.

"Okay..." I gave in, unsurely, handing it to her.

"For goodness sakes, put in the password first." She said, handing it back.

"Why?" I said, putting in the password.

"I'm putting my number in your phone." She said.

"Oh." I said, willingly handing it back to her. Then, I laughed breathily. "Sorry."

I watched as she put her number into the 'New Contact' page. She then continued by naming her contact 'The Greatest Person Ever'. I laughed and grabbed my phone back from her.

"See you tomorrow." I smiled at her.

"See ya." She replied, turning away.