twenty three

monday 11:55

THE SUN SHINED brightly through the curtains. nari had woken up first, sitting up as she adjusted to the light. she moaned quietly as she stretched her back, muscles aching from the previous night.

nari felt her male companion shift under the covers, "why are you up so early?"

"it's almost 12, jungkook" she chuckled.

"exactly," he huffed and took a long look at her. "are you okay? why are you stretching so much?"

"because you fucking made me go to the gym yesterday," she turned around and glared at him, still mad that he made her accompany him. something about showing off his muscles and also having a hot girl right next to him.

"okay, okay. i'm sorry," he grabbed onto her waist, pulling her deeper into the bed and kissed her gently. "happy anniversary, by the way."

they had been together for almost one and a half years. shortly after nari had moved to seoul, they decided to move in together. life was good. they were happy.

"i love you," she pulled away from him.

"and i love you," he replied propping himself up on his elbows. "i'll go make breakfast."

jungkook walked out into their living room, immediately tossing a sweatshirt over his head as the cold air from the air con hit his body.

he walked into the kitchen, scanning the pile of mail for anything that might actually be important enough to read. his eyes stopped to read the name written on the envelope.

"nari?" he called out. she popped her head out of the bedroom, a little skip in her step. he turned the envelope towards her and her eyes widened at the sight.

she stared at it on the kitchen island, contemplating whether she wanted to open it or not. this was it. this could either make it or break it for her.

"you gonna open it or are we just gonna sit here admiring the envelope all day?" he whines impatiently and she chuckles, "i'm scared to open it."

"it's just a piece of paper, nari. come on, you can do it."

she grabbed the thick envelope with one hand and began ripping the paper, hands shaking slightly. jungkook waits patiently as she takes her time pulling out all the contents of the envelope.

just a few papers, she thought, i definitely didn't get in.

she took out the folded letter and read it hesitantly. what if she didn't get in? what if she doesn't fit in? what if they don't want her?

"i got in," she looks up at her boyfriend, shock plastered all over her face. "I GOT IN!"

nari had dreamed of going to FIT since she was in elementary school. the biggest fashion school in new york city. can you even imagine?

"i'm so happy for you, nari! i knew you could do it," he lifts her up in his arms and spins her once. reality sets in a bit for nari and a frown surfaced to her face. they've talked about the what ifs of nari getting into this school before, but they always left the conversations on "we'll get to it when we get to it."

nari knew deep down jungkook wouldn't move all the way to a different continent for her and she wouldn't want him to either. jungkook had been going to SNU on a full ride. he loved it there and had no plans to transfer, unlike nari.

he sensed a slight tension in the air. "we're not gonna have that discussion now," jungkook finally put her down landing on her two feet. "let's celebrate today."

her smile disappeared as soon as he turned around to start the stove. everything and anything was running through nari's head. could they really handle the distance?