eight

sunday 1:51

IT WAS A chilly afternoon in the streets of seoul. it had been jungkook's first time showing somebody around, and it played to his nervousness that he'd never even met this girl before. he didn't know what tourists would want to see, if you could even call nari a tourist. he'd spent hours thinking up an agenda of things they could do. and all of it went to waste when he suddenly had no idea how they ended up at the mall.

"can i test this powder on you?" nari turned to look at the boy, her arms covered in swatches of red lipsticks and eyeshadows.

he bent down just enough for nari to reach. she gently patted the cushion against his cheek, stopping when she noticed the very obvious scar on his cheekbone. "what happened here?" her voice laced with concern.

"me and my brother fought when we were kids," he shrugged. "it just never healed, i guess."

"oh! me and my brother used to fight a lot too."

"like... physically?"

she giggled at the surprised expression on his face. "yeah. we were both really big on wrestling. he lives in australia now, so i don't get to see him much."

"wow. australia's really cool," he said awkwardly.

"yeah," she smiled at him. "i wanna move there some day. maybe after college."

"you go to BAC, right? i think jimin went there."

"yeah! but i'm planning on transferring. howd you know?"

"i think joon mentioned something about it once. if i stayed in busan, i probably would've went there. where do you wanna transfer?"

jungkook was genuinely curious in everything she had to say. he wanted to get to know her on her a deeper level, not just the little things, like what her favorite color was.

"i've always wanted to go to FIT. i know it sounds crazy because it's so far away, but it's such a great fashion design school. i've been learning english since i was 8, so i'd be able to go to new york."

"it's not crazy. if it's what you really want, then go for it. don't let anything stop you."

after walking around for what seemed like forever they found themselves walking by the boardwalk, staring into the depths of seoul's skyline.

jungkook stared at the girl next to him. the wind blew her dark brown hair, her long eyelashes moving swiftly. in that moment he thought she was the most beautiful girl on the planet.

"i had a really nice day. thanks for showing me around."

he shook his head out of his trance. "i'm sorry i didnt get to show you around that much, we just shopped. seoul has so much more to offer, i swear. i just didn't really know where to take you."

she smiled, "well, you're the best tour guide i've ever had."