Is My Love Even Love

Kuroken

I wrote this up ages ago but it was never good enough to become it's own book so it's going in the one shot pile bois. Prepare for angst and cringey mush.

This is also an asexual aromantic fic because as an asexual, I feel the two subjects need more representation :)

.

.

.

It was an irrefutable fact that Kenma was just something else. He always had been in Kuroos eyes, although it hadn't seemed apparent back in the day.

It was just the potency Kenma carried with him at all times. An enigma.

Someone you didn't think about, but was very much there.

He was reserved and silent, but when it came to, he could very much be seen if he wanted to.

Someone you didn't think you'd have to be worried about until it was you under the heel of his boot.

But again, it had never been evident to Kuroo who only saw him as soft and sleepy, tired from too many video games, and a bit of a brat.

Of course he was aware of the brass way his best friend could talk, cutting him down with words too efficacious for Kuroo to even try to battle back with, his own arguments and protests standing on wobbly legs.

"But Kenma remember I woke up at 4am to stand in the freezing morning just to wait for your new game release!" Kuroo had rehashed one evening.

"Your point being?" Kenma asked lazily, the game in his hands pulling the majority percent of his focus.

The very same game they had woken up at 4 fucking am in the morning for.

"My point being that you can totally wake up one or two hours earlier for morning volleyball practice, you- you....trumpet" Kuroo grumbled.

His hand knotted in the fabric of Kenmas jacket as he guided him from not walking off the path on the journey from their school to their home.

Or well, homes.

They were neighbours, but if he were being honest, they spent more time at Kuroos house than rationality allowed.

"Trumpet" Kenma had repeated, having paused his game.

He tilted his head in Kuroos direction, who had his eyebrows drawn.

They released from their tight scrunch upon having to defend himself and his answer.

"Well y'know. Trumpets are loud" Kuroo had shrugged one side of his shoulder, as if his newly spoken words hadn't just brought more confusion to the previous remark.

"Trumpets are loud; I am not. Keijis boyfriend is a trumpet" Kenma had stated.

"Yea, but I bet it's really loud up here" Kuroo had smirked and tapped Kenmas forehead, much to the blondes obvious dismay.

But Kenma did not fight anymore on it. Kuroo was unknowingly his biggest exception.

The next day he stomped up to the Kozume household, prepared to fight tooth and nail, dragging the blonde out of his bed for volleyball.