Why So Serious?

Why So Serious
Ushiten

Yeehaw its a music au and the video above is "Master and Commander violin cello duet" which is what is playing at the end of this fic~

I'm terrible at describing music so really do watch the video above when they start to play ahahaha 〒▽〒

Tendou felt absolutely awful tonight.

It wasn’t that uncommon recently for him to feel like a dumpster on fire rolling down a steep hill.

But really it had been imminent that his partner was going to quit.

He hadn’t shown up to practice the last three times, giving some cliche excuse of

“Oh sorry, I’m sick” and
“Oh sorry, I slept in” and
“Oh, my father died last night, the funerals in three days, I’ll be out of town on a week trip, I apologize for any inconvenience”.

...And okay, yea maybe that last one could have been true, but he wasn’t that much of an ass to start questioning someone about the validity of whether a loved one had really passed away, or if they were just saying that to get out of lugging their cello all the way to the auditorium.

So tonight when Tendou’s phone was free of excusing texts, he arrived at the hall, violin strapped tight to his back.

He was sure that it would finally be the first time they could run through their music for their upcoming competition.

But instead, all he got was a “sorry, I’m dropping out” said right to his face from some idiot with a patchy beard who he had been paired up with at the start of this semester.

But maybe Tendou was the idiot now because the competition was in a few weeks, and he had no accompanist and absolutely no chance in winning what he had practiced so hard for.

As he dragged his feet and violin across campus, he couldn’t help but curse himself out.

If he had just decided to apply for an actual music school then he could find a replacement easily.

But no, he decided to cheap out and go to a college near home with a music program that was so ridiculously minimal he wondered why they even offered courses in the first place.

The moon held high in the clear sky, lighting up the pavements that trailed through dewy grass.

His heart wallowed in the bottom of his stomach, full of retribution.