CHAPTER 5

-Rin POV- (and Rin is Len’s older sis in the story. in this, she is 18. Gumi is just Len’s friend, they go to school together.)

At about 6:45pm, Len stumbled in, and flopped down onto a chair. I hurried over. “Are you ok, Len? Why are you home so late?” I asked, worried.                

“It’s—nothing…”he replied, still avoiding my eyes. I put my hand under his chin and forced his head up. I gasped-his face was a blotchy mess, eyes swollen and his nose red from crying. I pulled him into a hug, and I felt his shoulders shake with renewed sobbing. As I rubbed his heaving back I bit my lip in anxiety, wondering what had happened.

Finally, his sobs died away and he straightened up, rubbing his eyes. “It’s nothing,” he mumbled.

I rolled my eyes. “It’s obviously something, Len. It’s ok, you can tell me,” I said gently. He looked at me for a moment, probably wondering if I was to be trusted. “Ok, I’ll tell you. But you’re gonna hate me or call me a freak or something…” he sighed.

“Len, I’m your sister, in case you didn’t notice. I would never do that.”

“I guess not… All right, I’ll tell you. Here we go…” he paused for a moment, and then started speaking again. “So today, Oliver and I were taking tours round the school. When we picked up the last tour, there was this boy our age that was going to enter our year. And-well, all the time, I… I started thinking stuff like “He’s really cute” but I just put it down to tiredness. And, when his parents said something that made him blush, I smiled a bit, because I thought he was cute like that. Then I whispered to Oliver that the tour was done and we should take them back, and I-I” he stopped, his eyes filled with a sadness that scared me. “I think he thought I was laughing at his shyness, and you should have seen the way he looked at me. He was so hurt. And I realised-I think I-I-I love him!” Len finished, looking at me to see what my reaction would be.

I reached out my arms and hugged him, and he gasped in relief. “Oh, God-I thought you would hate me!”

“No! Why would I hate you just because you’re gay?” I asked, smiling a little at his stupidity.

“And you don’t think I’m being stupid about loving him?”

“No, I don’t. Just try to explain when you see him in a few weeks. Now go to bed, I’ll get you something to eat. You look like death on legs.”

He laughed and walked upstairs. I just stood watching him go, smiling at the way my little brother, ever the joker, had finally found someone he honestly cared for.

A/N: YET ANOTHER dull chapter lol. I’m sorry guys, it’s nearly 8 and I’ve had like 5 hours sleep. Ugh. Promise next one will be more exciting. Have a nice day! Oh, btw, comment if you would hug Len if he was crying. I know I would… btw i'm so sorry about not posting for aa while-the hard drive on my laptop broke and it had to be fixed, but I'm back now! Thanks for all the reads!!!