Chapter Three: Good Morning

Sabito's eyes slowly fluttered open, not quite used to the daylight that filled his bedroom

Shy rays of light making it through his white blinds, past the white-colored curtains and onto his bed, illuminating his silk white pillowcases, welcoming him to the new day.

Everything was so bright, so warm, so beautiful, had he not known any better he would think he was in heaven.

Yet, he felt gross.

He felt a little wet, a little sticky, something crusty was on his hand, he could feel the same substance on his abdomen. It felt uncomfortable.

Shuffling around in his white silk sheets, moving his blanket of white faux fur away from him, sitting up straight, he noticed his robe was undone.

Then it suddenly clicked—

Oh.

Right.

The heat rose to his face, remembering the events of what had happened last night. He cupped his cheeks in astonishment, only to pull away from his own touch when he felt the hardened substance against his skin.

He shuddered.

A bath. He needed a bath, ASAP.

Making his way out of bed, he slides into his white slippers, taking a white towel with him to the bath.

He takes his time, washing his hands clean before running the bath water on, making sure it was just the temperature he liked, not hot, not cold, not exactly lukewarm, just about the right temperature that made his skin tingle, warm enough to remind him he was alive, to keep him comforted, but never too hot that it'd burn, and never too cold that he'd regret bathing at all.

He hangs his towel by the door and ties his robe up, heading out to the kitchen for his morning coffee, light yawns escaping his lips, stretching his arms out in the open space as he walked out to the kitchen.

His lilac eyes settle on the coffeemaker on the table. Plugging it in, he pours a cup of water together with a tablespoon of premium ground coffee, then waits, walking to the nearest window and braces himself as his hands spread the curtains open and pulls up the blinds, eyes closing on instinct, expecting the sunlight to beam in, engulf the room with warmth, illuminating every single nook and cranny, lighting it up.

But it never came.

A second passed, then another. Sabito cautiously opened his right eye, easing up a bit and opening his left eye as well when he realized that the light wasn't as bright as he thought it'd be.

Then he looked down, eyes wide at what he saw, flabbergasted. Was that—Heavy traffic?? Yes, mornings in Tokyo were busy, but it was too early for traffic to congest this quickly.

Was a road closed off or something? Did something go on without him knowing??

He rubs his eyes and blinks twice, looking at the scene presented to him. It was, heavy traffic indeed. His eyes weren't deceiving him.