Chapter Five: Decision Making

Sabito sneezes as he enters the mansion

He must've gone nuts. Deciding to visit the Urokodaki estate —was a rash decision. He did it on a whim. Just because he felt like it. He almost forgot that a car ride from Tokyo to Kyoto took around seven hours give or take.

Now just arriving at the estate he realizes he probably needs to give his driver a raise. He's been on the road for around eight hours, only to arrive at midnight due to his dumbness of making the decision to leave his apartment at four in the afternoon.

"Sabito-sama has arrived." The maids announce his presence as they open the main doors to the house's entrance. They look slightly disheveled, their uniforms slightly crinkled up, as if they were told in a rush to tend to him—which he believes is exactly just the case.

"Is anyone still awake?" Sabito asks, pulling his peach hair into a low pony tail, looking around the mansion halls as they slowly open the lights for him. A stunning crystal chandelier graced the ceiling just overhead. He smiles, he remembers this one. He was the one who picked it out when they went to Venice. This particular 24k diamond chandelier stood out to him the most. Maybe it was the matching 24k gold embellishments, or maybe it was the way it matched perfectly with the byzantine floor of this particular hall. Maybe it was simply because it was beautiful.

And that was that. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Everybody in the estate has retired to bed, Sabito-sama." The maid on his left says.

What was her name again?

He can't remember this one. She looked young, perhaps she was new?

He shrugs his thoughts off, they didn't matter.

He smiles at them and nods. "Attend to my driver, please." He says. "Make sure he settles in well. Provide food drinks, and a room, then both of you can retire to bed as well."

The two maids look overjoyed the moment the last few words leave the man's mouth. "Thank you very much Sabito-sama!" They bow for a solid three seconds before scurrying away, chest out, stomach in, right foot always coming before the left, hands clasped together with the right over the left, head up in a 90 degree angle, posture never faltering.

It reminded him of a certain someone.

A little boy who was capable of crying, yet never slouching no matter how ugly he looked, who could eat like there was no tomorrow but always kept his mouth closed despite how hungry he was, who tripped over the most trivial of things yet still manages to stand back up as if nothing had happened, posture and composition in check.

A someone who he remembers a tad bit too detailed, too fondly.

You shouldn't be doing this.

He sighs, making his way up to his former bed room, memories of his childhood flooding into his head—along with memories he should've long forgotten.