➵ three

➵ how about some raw toast

_________________

“annabeth, hurry up!” piper mclean repeatedly knocked on her friends bedroom door.

“i'll be there in a second!” annabeths muffled reply came through the door “don't leave without me"

piper sighed dramatically and swung around the banister and walked downstairs to her waiting friends.

after texting seaweed brain last night annabeth had a great few hours sleep, the only problem was that she had over slept. 

annabeth flung open the door, it hit the wall and resulted in a load bang. she ignored it and rushed down the stairs.

“relax i'm here” annabeth said, sitting down on the bottom step to tie her trainer's laces.

“want some breakfast?” hazel levesque asked “we're already going to be late” she pointed out to piper who had just exhaled heavily.

“the toasters broken” annabeth said.

katie strode across to the counter, “how about some raw toast”

her friends were silent for a second, thinking over what she just said “do you mean bread?” hazel asked sounding confused.

“that's what I said”

“um ok? i'll have some”

katie handed annabeth two slices of un-buttered, un-toasted bread

“great now we can get going” piper exclaimed, stealing one of annabeths two breads. this didn't phase her, they have an inside joke of taking the others breakfast. “i told jason i'd meet him by the gate”

as they were walking outside katie punched annabeth lightly in the arm, “now i'm not going to be the one who always oversleeps”

____________

the four friends piled into pipers car, as they always did. piper driving, annabeth in shotgun, hazel and Katie in the back.

annabeth fought back a smile at the familiarity of it all.

“how we're your summers?” hazel asked. “i really didn't do anything”

“my dad dragged me to the bahamas” piper replied “he was shooting a film there”

“sounds terrible" annabeth said sarcastically, piper's dad tristen mclean was a famous actor although nobody at school seemed to make the connection between the two mclean's yet.

“i couldn't even go outside, there was paparazzi literally everywhere. i had to hide in my hotel room the entire time”

“still sounds better then my summer” Katie grumbled “travis stoll tried to prank me once but got the wrong house. so i got grounded for a month because my neighbors garden was decorated with chocolate easter bunnies and thought I did it"