Chapter One

"You people have to stay here and wait, it's hospital protocol, I promise immediately everything is done I'll come out and speak to you personally." The short, dark and really pretty nurse said to Khalil and his in laws, he had called them on his way to the hospital.

Khair had slipped from the staircase and fallen right on her stomach. Khalil's white shirt was stained with blood from the bad fall and he was at the brink of tears, he prayed to Allah to save his wife and their unborn baby.

They waited for hours before the short nurse whose name they later learnt was Sandra, came out of the ICU to talk to them.

"Uhmm...So, Mr Khalil, she is fine, she's uhm stable and you would have to wait for the doctor for further information just relax uhm"
She informed solemnly. Khalil nodded absentmindedly, all he wanted was to see Khair.

"Nurse can I go in to see my daughter please?" Mrs Abdullahi asked tearfully. The nurse shook her head at her pitifully, denying her.

"Mummy, just calm down and relax, let's wait for the doctor to come out first okay." Khalil's words seemed to calm his mother in law down. So they sat and waited.

Soon, a doctor walked to them, when he got to a bio-degradeable dust bin close to them, he tugged off a pair of gloves into them. Took off his green safety disposable cap, dumped them in and walked to the waiting people.

"Good afternoon, I am Doctor Samuel, one of the hospitals gynecologist and I am in charge of Mrs khair, please follow me to my office, you can bring any family member that you trust with you."

Khalil and his wife's sister Hamida  walked with the doctor to his office, they did not go with her mother because the woman was already freaking out they just told the twins and her husband to hold her down while they went for the information.

The office was tastefully designed, the man has taken it upon himself to care for his office as much as possible and it smelled nice too.

"Sit please, so the fall impacted really badly on khair's already weak body, her body was never strong enough for the pregnancy but she was getting by and that was very good until the fall, I am very sorry to tell you this, khair lost the baby and I don't think she will be able to body another pregnancy if not for God's grace again."

Khalil just whispered a soft thank you to the doctor and left while Hamida stayed to confirm some things from the doctor as she is a doctor also.

Hamida broke the news to the remaining family members while Khalil stayed in a corner until they were told to come and see her three at a time. They all let Khalil in first, nobody could break that news to her if not him.

"Babe, how are you? You feel good, now don't you?" He asked mournfully. He could not keep the sadness out of his face.

"I am fine now, stop looking so sad,we are going to move past this as long as the baby is fine, okay." Khair replied with high optimism.

If he didn't tell her now he won't have the chance to again and some one else would have to do it. He could not let that happen so he told her.

"Ummul Khair, I need you to look at me and believe that I would always be here today and forever okay, khair we lost the baby and the doctor said a couple of things more but you are fine that's all that matters now." He stated.

Khair wasn't even frowning or crying which he expected her to do, she has always been very emotional, she laughed instead, laughed hard as if he told the funniest joke ever.

" Khalil, God forbid I lose my own child, my child is hale and very hearty, who told you lies uhnnn?" When she saw that Khalil didn't laugh with her, she grasped ghe seriousness of his words and at this her voice began  breaking and she was slowly slipping back to oblivion.

The last thing she heard was Khalil scream.

Heyyyyy guys.... How was the chapter?
I am just brushing y'all up and stuff....
Vote, comment and pls share..

TheOmoope I love you so much for squeezing out of your house girl duties to help me out. Love.