Chapter 3

Sir, your meeting with that firm's representative has been rescheduled and big oga said that you should meet him in his office immediately, says it's important matters. His secretary Julia, said swiftly and eloquently. He really liked this one she never looked at him weirdly and she was always doing her job instead of finding ways to make him propose to her.

"Thank you so much Julia, I don't even think I'll be doing anything today so just take the day off, good day." Khalil said and walked away to meet with his uncle bash.

That man is fine Sha ooo, chai thank God I didn't say anything embarrassing, Julia was thinking and also relishing the idea of the efo riro she'll cook when she gets home.

With humans you never know.

Khalil stood in front of the big, brown door and took a deep breath before he knocked, he didn't wait for a call in he just strolled in and sat down, his uncle bash enjoyed barging into places and the man has rubbed the habit on Khalil, at least Kahlil knocked sometimes.
The office was spacious and airy, painted in white color and designed with monochrome colored furniture. Uncle bash said he didn't want to feel attached to his office said he has his bedroom for that. Their law firm was one of the best ones around town and they did a good job at holding the name down, uncle bash had set it up and when Khalil was done with law school he joined in immediately.

"Uncle, uncle what is up?"

"How's that case going on? I heard from my secretary that those couple are not even serious, he said he saw them having ice cream and having crazy PDA two days ago, uncle bash said while laughing. God the man and his secretary Amin gossipped like young mothers that dropped their children off to play.

"The case is going fine, yeah I think they are still quite confused about what they really want but I am being patient with them, I feel like there is something underneath all of their craziness."

"Good, one of the reasons why marriage doesn't even appeal to me."

"Right, Julia said you wanted to talk to me about important matters,uncle I want to go home na mummy talk say she Wan do me pepper soup, so wetin dey sup?" he wanted to leave his uncle as fast as he could, the man would start giving him gist from the his young age and he really wasn't in the mood.

"You this boy can't even spend time with you favorite uncle again, anyways I wanted to plan your mother's birthday with you, that's why I called you up here, you know now she needs  the extra attention and love she can get from us, your Dad's demise just left a hole in her heart ehn." Khalil just lost his father four months ago to a car accident and ever since his uncle has been trying to feel all the void, his uncle wasn't married, didn't believe in the concept of marriage, but he tried all his best to involve himself in their lives and he was doing a good job.

" First, you are my only uncle and second my beards should be convincing enough that I am a man now, Uncle bash you should have just called Zayyad now, you know he is obsessed with all this type of things, besides I have that crazy case about that divorce to settle na" Khalil said already exhausted before his uncle could talk again, the man had many weird opinions about life but he organizes the best events.

"No, I want all of you in on this one, you think I would come to your first for a party planning, God forbid, I already went to Zayyad, safiya, even aliya said she is interested your siblings already have a lot planned, and then I met with the real party guys, your best friends."
The man knew how to meddle, he knew everything about him it was creepy, he had stolen his best friends because of his crazy coolness. He just rolled his eyes and listened to his uncle rant about how his baby sister's birthday is going to be the baddest one ever. He wondered what his business was in all of this.

"Sir, what is my own job then since everyone seems to have one?"

"You would be the girls driver, to every thing they need to go too, you would drive back and forth."
The man said it in a tone that Khalil would not even dream of protesting. The voice was clipped and faraway. He so wanted to smack his baby sister Safiya, he knew she was the one that whispered in their uncles ears. He huffed and sulked at his uncle but the man acted as if he was transparent.

He left the office and sulked all the way down, he hated driving his baby sisters anywhere they hardly dressed up in two hours,well safiya mostly did it to spite him and she always convinced Aliya to be fashionably late.

"Hello safiya, I swear if I lay my hands on you I'll break your neck, you are very annoying, I told you about that case I had and how it has been stressing me, but no you decided to show how much of a small ogbanje you are, you have people that will kill to drive you anywhere, that fair boy that likes you nko, shey he can't be driving you around ni? " He had called his baby sister to shout and bully her into telling her uncle they didn't need his help.

" Bros, preparations start next week, you should be done with that case by then because the couple just really need an emotional intelligence tutor not a lawyer, they still hump around each other I saw them at the mall last night, I'll send you a list of the places we need to go and who we need to pick and what we need to book, alright adios big brother." That was it, the line just went off and she acted as if she didn't hear him talk like a child, she always did that and he knew just who to call his other siblings, they adored him.

" Aliyaaaaaaaa and the best brother in the entire world, I miss you guys, wow it's been how many hours since we spoke, if I come home we will go for some chills okay." he was patronizing them but he didn't know that safiya was way ahead of him.

"Big brother, we are already chilling around with Safiya and all of your friends, it's getting to the interesting part of our outing, love you, bye." Aliya said all this to him in a very distracted voice.
He was mad at everything and everyone, he just wanted to get his mother a regular gift and sleep the day off like any normal day. This is how Khalil has been, he loved parties, but whenever his uncle was involved in creating one the drama was always top notch, his mother and her brother are dramatic people and if he was involved he was damn straight that they were going to talk parents into bringing their female children so he can at least have a potential fiancee, his uncle had set him up on two blind  dates which he ended up embarrassing himself and his entire family and right now he has an online dating app profile courtesy his mother. He was tired and tied to his family.

Hey guys.... Eid Mubarak in arrears.... I am so sorry for not updating in a long time I was not feeling my mojo...... I am here now..... I intend to create a schedule for my updates..... I'll see to it..... Don't forget to like, comment and share❤️

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 30, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Baby Feverजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें