Chapter Two.

At the age of  sixteen,Ummul Khair Abdullahi had decided she wanted to learn the ropes of fashion and everything it had to offer, she was born with a talent to draw and make impeccable designs with just her pencil, her parents Abdullahi Okikiola and Kubra Okikiola decided to help her achieve those dreams when she got admitted into the university where she studied business management, they signed her up for side lessons at a fashion designing company. After graduating and serving the country she started to build her brand with both of her best friends Zainab Muhammad and Oluwatomisin Ibukun, zee was the best in planning business strategies and tomi was very good with accounts. Together they built Chic, they still just had a website and an Instagram account where they took orders and sold.
At twenty one khair had everything she wanted from life, she couldn't complain life was good.

Hamida, khair's older sister was visiting with her husband, Brother Sulaiman and their kids as it was like a tradition to visit the families during the weekends. Khair was exhausted from explaining to Jannah and Mumtaz her sister's kids, what her huda eye shadow pallet was used for, she wondered how they lay their hands on it anyways. Every time they came they always had something that baffled them in her room, she loved the two little rascals and enjoyed their company, especially jannah's the four year had a very large and warm spirit unlike her brother who kept to himself mostly, he is only just six but acts as if he is sixty instead of talking like his sister and his father he observed and always paid attention, he knew when to call his aunt or uncles the twins out when they were doing something nasty like absentmindedly picking their nose or something. The kids were a handful but they all managed them.

The children and khair hopped down the stairs, a very bad habit that she subconsciously just did, she had fallen from the staircase a number of time.

"Ummi, abeg no dey carry my children jump from stairs, if their bone go break nko" Hamida said with all seriousness contouring her black, beautiful face.

"Anty mi wahala yin ti poju, kilode na only you don born for this life, me too go born one day oo ha." She was mocking her sister. She loved pushing the woman's button especially when it came to her babies she would break somebody's head.

"You want make I slap you, if you born your own pikin ehn put am for stairs railing make you come push am, nonsense." The Abdullahi's had an unspoken rule of speaking pidgin English to one another, it was used to mock an uncle at first but suddenly turned to an home thing.

" No be your fault, shebi I talk say jannah go be my model for the children clothes way I dey try out, you go see how I go look for other people pikins, e go shock you." Khair said and ran to meet her mother in the kitchen she knew her sister would whisper a soft" omoale" she did not want vulgar words around her children.

They ate lunch and talked loud, whenever they were together they forgot table manners and just did that family thing of sweet adoration, the twins were telling them tales about their school both Taiye and Kenny would be done with high school in a year and they never failed to remind the whole world that cared to listen that they would be men soon. Their broke their wings in that African mother spirit.

Khair stared at her family laughing and eating she just wanted to freeze time and let it be sweet like this for life but then her best friends weren't here.

She felt a sudden jolt and remembered she needed to call the girls, they were coming over and they were running late and she was sure Zee was why they were late,the girl took her time and dressed dramatically.

*Ummi, pls don't jump the stairs with my kids, what if they fall and break their bones *

*My sister you have issues, it's not like you are the first to have children, one day I'll give birth to kids too*

*You want me to slap you, if you give birth to your child set him/her on the stairs railings and push them*

*It's not your fault, I thought I said Jannah was to be my model for my new children line, watch me use other people's kids, you will be really shocked *
*omoale- bastard *

I apologize deeply for the late update, I can't even say I have a reason for it.... Enjoy and this is still just intro and things but stay tuned people ❤️