003 | what's a soulmate?

till death did them part

HANDS IN HER LAP, legs swinging off the high stool, Amethyst sat by the bar, eyes trained onto the long wooden counter

HANDS IN HER LAP, legs swinging off the high stool, Amethyst sat by the bar, eyes trained onto the long wooden counter. Her soulmates watched her from afar, spotting the clothes Levy and Erza had bought on her body. A cute polka dot dress and a pair of brown slippers. Her hair was pulled up into a high ponytail, courtesy of Mira. Fond smiles curled on each of their lips, watching as Amethyst's face lit up the moment Romeo entered the guild with his father trailing behind him.

"Romeo," she called brightly.

"Amethyst!"

The two ran to each other, meeting in the middle. Giggles resounded throughout the guild, and those that heard it couldn't help but replicate their smiles. Children were always a joy to be aroundunless they were screaming and sobbing their heads off. Then, that was a fucking nuisance.

"Let's go play outside!"

They clasped their hands together.

"Don't go too far," Macao yelled over his shoulder, plopping into the seat beside his best friend, Wakaba. He thanked Mira as she waltzed over, handing him his usual drink.

"Okay!"

The duo was out the door in seconds, travelling to the forests blanketing the outskirts of Fairy Tail's guild.

"Kids these days," he laughed, shaking his head. His fingers encircled the mug's handle.

"Tell me about it," Wakaba mused, though even he couldn't hide the glee and fondness in his ageing eyes. "So wild and rowdy."

To emphasise their point, Gray and Natsu broke out into a heated battle behind them, hauling others in and spurring on the guild's usual, crowded fight.

"But Amethyst's become much livelier."

Macao hummed. "She has. Romeo, too. Being with someone their age seems to help."

"Plus, they're soulmates. That counts for something, right?"

"Yes!" Macao's eyes brightened, sparkles shining at the surface. "They're so cute together! I've never heard Romeo ramble so much about her and Wendy-chan."

"Well, don't you two look like a pair of gossiping mothers."

Their heads turned to the side, gazes landing on a grinning Cana, a barrel of wine settled comfortably in her arms. She sat at the end of their table, away from the catastrophe occurring in the middle of the guild.

"We're not mothers!" the two yelled in unison.

"He may be, but I'm not!" Wakaba added, jerking his thumb in Macao's direction.

"That's not true!"

"Says the one with a kid."

"You have a kid, too!"