Chapter 1

Zander's P.O.V.

When's the last time you played a video game? Any type. I'm guessing the majority of you have played some sort of video game at some point in your life. If you're one of the minority, then I gotta tell you straight off. You're missing out! Video games are a way to get out of your normal life, and play in somebody else's. I know it sounds stupid, but video games honestly got me through hard times in my life. When my dad died, I played a lot of Super Smash Bros. and Pokemon Snap. When my girlfriend was in the car accident that almost killed her, we played through Final Fantasy 7 and 10 plus also, half of Kingdom Hearts. 

Video games brought me closer to her. It's one of the many things we have in common. In fact, because of video games, I met her. It was when I was in high school. I was a senior and she was a sophmore. My friend Kirk entered me into a competitive game off. We had it every year at our school. As nerdy as that sounds, it was a big deal where we're from (which is Seattle, Washington). If you one the tournement then you got a huge amount of prize money. Kirk and I were saving up to travel to Finland before we had to go to collage next year. He had made a total of $33 so it was pretty much up to me to get us the money we needed. 

The tournement consisted of 'Battle Mode' in a game called "Last Stance Takes the Money" which was the story of two boys that lose there memory and the only way they can get it back, is to battle 'Iscious', through stages of memories he has collected. The two boys go against each other and try to make it throught the memories as fast as they can before the other makes it. Depending on the way you play it, you could have many different endings. 

'Battle Mode' was basically giving each person one character and they were put into a random memory from the game. Who ever finished the memory first, got to move on to another stage while the loser is out and doesn't play anymore. 

I was spectacular at playing video games, especially this one. I knew each memory by heart. I knew I was going to win. I was put in the chair to play next and tried to get a sneak of who my next apponient was, but they put a virtual reality mask on me before I could see.

I was zipping through the memory. I was playing as my favorite of the two boys. I was playing my favorite memory. If only I could pass the checkpoint, then I would be done... and almost there... Just a little bit more... and... all of a sudden, my helmet was turned off and was taken off my head. Did I win? Was it over? I looked over at my opponint and to my suprise, it was a small, long haired brunet girl. She was beautiful. Her long hair glided neatly out of the virtual reality machine.

"We have our winner!" they walked over to the girl and lifted her arm in the air. Everybody cheered and she gave me a sympathetic look. I could faintly hear Kirk yelling in anger. Instead of being angry, I walked over to the girl and put out my hand in congratulations.

"I'm Zander. You played really well! You could go pro." I said. 

"I'm Riley and thanks. My older brother taught me all the tricks and secrets. We're raising money for the Cancer Orginization. My mom... she died of it reciently... and well... I thought in her memory I should raise money for cancer to help somebody else." 

I looked suprised at her. She looked so sweet and innocent. I could tell behind her bright green eyes that there was sadness. There was pain. Pain I wanted to get to know. I just met Riley, but I wanted to know everything about her. I wanted to understand her sadness and help her through it.

I guess my wish came true considering five years later, here we are. Still together. More in love then anybody could be. But soon, our story truly begins.