Part 4: Virgil Braces Himself

As he looked at his reflection in the mirror, Virgil's anxiety relaxed slightly. He couldn't believe how good they looked. Virgil had been working on these for months and they had turned out exactly like he had hoped.
  Virgil was wearing a black hoodie with a tiny rainbow on each sleeve, ripped black jeans and black combat boots. He had switched out his dark eyeshadow for some more colour, forming a glittery rainbow under each eye. The most impressive part of his outfit however, was the sparling purple wings.
  Virgil had always wished that he had wings. When he was younger, he imagined flying high up into the sky and soaring away from all his problems and fears. They seemed like they would be the answer to all his problems. Back then, he lived with the Dark Sides.  As Thomas grew up, Deceit and Remus became kinder. They exaggerated themselves for videos but afterwards they would all laugh together. But it was harder for Virgil to forget about what they used to be like.
  When Thomas was a teenager, Deceit was evil and Remus was a maniac. They were angry that Thomas repressed them. Virgil was by far the youngest side, not showing up until Thomas' early teens, so he was an easy target. Deceit would get mad at him for even the smallest things and Remus would do things that traumatized the young Virgil. They made his life hell and he just wanted to get away from them. Eventually, Virgil became a light side. And once Thomas accepted Remus and Deceit, they eased up and became almost like...friends. Deceit was still a little  manipulative and Remus was still crazy, but they were by no means evil.
  Virgil pushed these thoughts to the back of his mind. He looked in the mirror one last time, braced himself for the day ahead and headed for his boyfriend's room.