𝒊𝒊. The throat-burn of your cinnamon lips.

♱₊˚

♱₊˚. ◞࿐ .・ ❪ 𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬. ❫

He'd felt ill from the moment he'd entered through the ever-familiar double doors. Han, extravagant as always, was dragging him along whilst babbling about the school's future fall play ━━ waving his bejewelled hands in front of his face which matched the golden hoops and studs covering his ears ━━ all paired with a deep burgundy shirt.

Korain, still slightly woozy from the night before, let his lithe form be dragged ━━ choosing to half listen to Han's words and half watching the halls. Coal eyes narrowed as red words were plastered over one of the notice boards ━━ the images burning holes into the side of his face. What looked to be yearbook pictures ━━ two students sat smiling towards the camera, unaware of the blaring 'MISSING' warning circling their heads like a halo. It made Korain queasy ━━ Han seemed to be thinking something similar as his dark eyes had sunken slightly and his skin paled.

"Han? Is━ is that Erica and Boyd?" He couldn't help the stutter creep into his voice as he looked at the faces of people who he considered friends vanishing into thin air.

"Said they went missing a few weeks ago. Fuck I━ shame, 'cause Erica was a good drama partner." Han's voice was light but his words were clearly being held down by weights as he swallowed after talking.

"They're not dead." Korain snapped ━━ figure tense. "Why didn't we know about this? Why did nobody bother telling us?" He couldn't help but feel completely hopeless ━━ the semi-regular texts from both Scott and Lydia telling him none of this. He and Han had only gone to his grandparents lake house ━━ not across the country. He wasn't sure if it was to protect them from the truth ━━ but both boys were aware of the supernatural so all Korain could feel was an ugly hurt simmering in his gut. He was unaware that his voice had raised slightly, hands pressed tight, until Han had comfortably slid his hand into Korain's to squeeze ever so gently.

"It's not our business," was Han's short reply ━━ but Korain could see the tension still present in his brow. He wanted to seem offended ━━ because it was their business ━━ it was more their business than many of the other students roaming the halls. But he couldn't because it was bleedingly obvious that Han was saying that to distract him and not to hurt him. "Focus on you hair instead Firetruck ━━ I'm surprised someone hasn't mentioned anything. You're literally look like a traffic light."

"A traffic light? Maybe I should dye my hair green next, see if I look like a Christmas tree."

"You'd be the prettiest Christmas tree I've ever seen," Han smirked as Korain felt his ears tint pink and a light blush dust over the highs of his cheeks. "Are you coming later to watch auditions for drama ━━ maybe even try out yourself━"

"I'm not joining you in the drama club Haneul. Last thing I want to do is get a heat rash from being under all of those lights twenty-four seven."

"Well too bad, you're missing out," a warning bell rang through the corridoor ━━ not helping the sickness still plaguing Korain's insides. "You don't want me to walk you to English?"