Conversations (SuperNova)

May make art for this chapter later.

Outer glanced around the group curiously. He nervously tugged on the end of his jacket, readjusting its position every so often.

Today was the day for his college tour. This was supposedly the best college in the area, and had many different topics for monsters to major in. Outer was mainly interested in their observatory. Apparently, it had high-grade NASA equipment and top-notch quality. Apparently, most people who majored in astronomy at this college were able to get into the NASA program, which is what Outer dreamed of doing one day. He sighed and looked at the sky.

Some day...

Outer looked up again as he saw the group was moving. Their tour guide was explaining the functions of the college, and was currently showing them around the dormitory. Outer didn't care too much for this part. It was always the same, two monsters per room- males with males, females with females- and a common room, followed by an elevator in the common room that would lead to the next floor. The top floor dorms were always the best, and had much more room, but they cost a fortune. It had already cost him enough to enroll to the college, he didn't want to waste any more money.

Outer, ignoring the tour, started scanning the group. The group was all different skeletons. More specifically, Sanses. Of course, no one referred to a Sans as "Sans" anymore. Honestly, Sans was just a type of monster at this point. There were so many different kinds of "Sanses", they just became their own species.

There was a Sans who seemed to be dressed in all red and black, a Sans who was wearing a blue bandana and walking quickly, a Sans who wore a yellow tee shirt and golden crown, accompanied by a Sans who had the same height and posture that wore a purple long sleeved shirt and a golden crown. Outer turned his head to the right and looked at the rest of the group. There was a Sans with a purple flower crown, and another that walked close to him with a scowl on his face, adorning a black bramble crown. There was a Sans with a large hole in his head, a Sans with a purple and black jacket that went down to his feet, a Sans that seemed to be completely monochrome except for one of his eyes and a scar below the eye, and a Sans that seemed to have some sort of target in front of him.

Suddenly, the one with the target lifted his head and made eye contact with Outer. He saw that the other Sans didn't have eye lights and had what looked like black tears running down his face. The Sans didn't seem bothered by it however. He just turned his head back forward and followed the rest of the group. Outer quickly did the same, ready to check out the observatory.

————

It had been about a month after college started, and Outer already hated it. His roommate, Classic as he was called, wasn't so bad. They both liked making puns, and they both liked to drink ketchup straight from the bottle. The problem was Classic's ranting. THAT was annoying as hell. And even worse, it was always about other students and who he liked, who he didn't like, etc. etc...

"I'm telling you! That Blue kid is getting too close to Fell! What if Fell ends up falling for him instead of me?!" Classic yelled out in distress as Outer groaned.

"Can we please talk about this another time?! I have an essay due tomorrow that I need to finish, and I'm not even halfway done!" Outer yelled back as he brought the laptop screen closer to his face. He sighed. Outer doubted Classic even did any actual work on his school work, he's never seen him open his laptop once. In fact, Outer could tell by the thick layer of dust that was collecting on top of the device. He sighed, attempting to block out the other's whining and complaining. Suddenly, he shot up and closed his laptop with a thud. Classic fell silent.