Wattpad Original
Ito na ang huling libreng parte

9: Sigourney

I woke up this morning with what had got to be the biggest smile my face ever broke into. Sa wakas, magiging Mrs. Sigourney Silvera na ako!

After a light breakfast, prepared by no other than my loving best friend, I was swept into the pre-wedding bridal regimen of hair and makeup. My apartment had been turned into a bridal party headquarters – Minnie, my matron of honor, and my six bridesmaids (composed of three cousins and three close friends) were all getting dolled up in here as well. Si Minnie mismo ang nag-ayos sa akin dahil isa lang namang talented stylist ang aking pinakamatalik na kaibigan, habang ang bridesmaids naman ay inayusan ng dalawa pang mga kaibigan at co-stylists niya.

Minnie's expert hands had soon transformed me into the radiant bride I aspired to be since I was eight. She kept my makeup light, as I requested, and my hair was pulled back into a braided chignon. But underneath the sheer makeup, my cheeks were showing their natural flush, and my eyes were sparkling even without the shimmering shadow on my lids. Words just couldn't express how excited I was – in a few hours' time, Jaron and I would be inseparable, bound by the sanctity of our marriage.

When I finally emerged from my room, wearing my wedding dress, each of the girls let out a dreamy sigh and took turns in hugging me, careful not to stain my immaculate white gown. Hanggang sa dumating na ang sasakyan na siyang maghahatid sa akin sa simbahan. The bridal car was driven by my uncle, the same man who raised me and my sister after our parents' untimely death – I was nine and my sister was eleven. Si Tito rin siyempre ang maghahatid sa akin sa altar mamaya.

"See you later, Sig." Minnie gave me one last hug before helping me into my uncle's car. She and my bridesmaids were travelling to the church in a separate ride. Noticing that her eyes were shining with unshed tears, I jokingly told her not to cry, dahil baka mahulas ang kanyang makeup.

"See you later, Min. Salamat sa lahat, ha?" I told my best friend, now fighting back tears of my own.

"Bruha ka! Mamaya na tayo mag-iyakan. Baka ma-late ka pa sa sarili mong kasal." Minnie fanned her face in an attempt to calm herself down, and the two of us laughed. I gave her and my bridesmaids one last wave before my uncle started to drive away from my place.

****

How long will I love you?
As long as stars are above you
And longer if I can

How long will I need you?
As long as the seasons need to
Follow their plan

How long will I be with you?
As long as the sea is bound to
Wash up on the sand

How long will I want you?
As long as you want me to
And longer by far

The lyrics to Ellie Goulding's "How Long Will I Love You" ran through my head as the song's piano instrumental version filled every corner of the church. I walked down the aisle, with my uncle by my side, beaming at every wedding guest I locked eyes with. I chose my bridal march music based on how lovely its lyrics are – they are basically my promise to my husband-to-be.

And speaking of my husband-to-be, there he was, smiling as he watched me approach the altar. Jaron looked striking in his suit, as usual, and he gave me a playful wink that calmed me down in my slightly nervous state.

Even though Jaron and I agreed that it was better to keep our wedding an intimate affair, hindi pa rin namin nagawang limitahan ang bilang ng aming mga bisita. For one, Jaron came from a large family – the Silveras alone comprised more than a quarter of our guest list. Idagdag pa ang mga kamag-anak niya sa maternal side, pati na ang mga Marquez at mga Lascano – my relatives from the maternal and paternal side, respectively – at ang mga kaibigan namin mula sa kani-kaniya naming trabaho, and what we got was a list so long it was practically a miracle that I managed to organize a wedding this huge all by myself, with the ocassional help from my best friend.

I was a few steps away from Jaron when his best man, Sebastian, came into view. He was probably the only person inside the church not wearing a smile. We shared a few seconds' worth of gaze before I looked away, remembering how just three days ago, he was still attempting to convince me to back out of the wedding. Then and there I resolved to never look at Sebastian Silvera again – at least during the ceremony – dahil ayaw kong madungisan ng kahit kapirasong pagkayamot ang pinakamasayang araw ng buhay ko.

After what seemed to be the longest walk of my life, I finally reached Jaron, and my uncle proceeded to place my hand on my groom's. Jaron and I exchanged smiles before we took a couple of steps, this time together, towards the altar.

****

"Into this holy union, Jaron and Sigourney now come to be joined. All of us gathered here today are asked to surround the couple with love and support, comfort and counsel – to join them in celebrating the many joys that life brings."

Jaron gave my hand a gentle squeeze, and I beamed at him. The wedding ceremony had just started, yet I could hardly wait for us to be pronounced as husband and wife. My heart swelled at the thought of spending the rest of my life with the man standing right beside me.

"If any of you can show just cause why they may not lawfully be married, speak now; or else, forever hold your peace."

I wanted our wedding to be as traditional as possible – alinsunod na rin sa vintage motif na gusto ko. Consequently, our marriage officiant, the parish priest of our chosen church, included some script long considered to be obsolete. Kasama na rito ang pagtatanong kung meron bang tutol sa aming kasal, na napag-alaman kong bibihira na lang palang isinasama sa seremonya.

I didn't care if it's practically unheard of at this point, though. For me, the ringing silence that would follow this question was a testimony of everyone's consent to my marriage with Jaron. Of course, I expected everyone to hold their peace.

Little did I know that the silence I expected would never come.

Seconds after the priest asked if anyone would like to express their objection to the wedding, the crowd behind us let out a collective gasp as somebody stood in response to his question.

Jaron and I exchanged confused looks before glancing back at our guests. Almost everyone was seated and looking at the cause of interruption with varying degrees of surprise painted on their faces.

I drew a sharp intake of breath as I finally realized who was about to put a stop to the wedding. Beside me, Jaron's face was a mask of shock, betrayal, and fury.

"Hey, Sigourney," said Sebastian – the only person standing among the sea of seated wedding guests – his piercing eyes looking squarely into mine. "Remember when I told you that marrying Jaron would be the biggest mistake of your life?"

icon lock

Ipakita ang iyong suporta para kay Jezza, at magpatuloy sa pagbabasa ng kuwentong ito

ni Jezza
@missflimsy
Sigourney receives a warning from her fiancé's cousin and best man th...
I-unlock ang bagong parteng ito o ang buong kuwento. Anupaman, ang iyong Coins ay makatutulong sa mga manunulat na kumita mula sa mga paborito mong kuwento.

Ang kuwentong ito ay may 46 natitirang bahagi

Tingnan kung paano masusuportahan ng Coins ang iyong mga paboritong manunulat gaya ni @missflimsy.