Chapter 1

To whom it may concern, my name is Damon. I cannot fully grasp what I am, but what I do know is that I'm dangerous. To most, I'm a normal kid, but to others, I'm the biggest threat there ever was. But to understand how I got here, we need to go back to the beginning, to where it all started.

I'm a typical kid, well, mostly. I have this scar on my face, running vertically along my left eye, exactly like Kakashi from Naruto does. I don't remember how I got it, but my mom said it was from when I was a child and fell. Nonetheless, it made me a popular kid as I grew up, and people kinda idolized me, going so far as to naming me "Scar" or "Sharingan". I don't mind the names, actually, I kind of like them.

"Damon, are you up? You have that test today don't be late!" My mom yells from downstairs, as I'm finishing getting dressed. finishing my outfit, I paired my basic black hoodie with a denim jacket as I grab my backpack to head out for school.

"Damon, I know you're not leaving without something to eat." My mom scowls to me as I grab my car keys off the key hook.

"I don't have the time, I promise I'll pick something up on my way there though." I say as I smile.

"Well here, take some cash, and tell Eric I said hello!" Her effort was futile, as I was already out the door when she passed me the cash. I was halfway to Eric's already. Eric is my bestfriend. He's a bit of a wildcard, mostly because he's gay. He gives me the scoop on who's sliding into his inbox and always has somebody new that he finds out is in the closet. I honestly find that amusing. I pull up to Eric's house and I honk my horn three times, it's how he knows I'm outside. As soon as I hear him, I roll my window down and yell at him.

"Get in loser we're going shopping!" I yell to him while he enters.

"Ugh, do you have to say that EVERYTIME I get in your car?" He says as he rolls his eyes at me.

"Yes sir, house rules. My mom also says hi." I reply back to him.

"Aww I love her so much, that's my bitch!" He says back to me as I drive towards the nearest fast food place.

"Don't use the word 'mom' and 'bitch' in the same sentence ever again please and thank you." And before he can utter a reply, I crank up my music to drown him out.

After grabbing some food, we head off to school. The day was normal, I went to my classes, and got stared at, mostly because I'm the only one at school who has not once had a girlfriend, they just don't interest me. Some rumor started going around that I was actually dating Eric, which I thought was hilarious. Him and I go way back, back to diapers. His mom died of cancer when he was really young, and my mom and dad were there to help his father when he had to raise him all his own. Us two became inseparable, and I was the first one to know that he was gay because of it. I never judged him for it, and he continues to be my best friend through anything and everything. After school was over, I waited for Eric where I usually do, by the football field, to go home. I waited for what seemed like twenty minutes, going on thirty. I began to get worried. I made my way over to the east wing where the locker rooms were, Eric has gym class as a final period. Despite being gay, he's a great athlete, even won our school the state championship in track. I looked into the locker room and saw something I thought I've never see. it was Eric, getting jumped by Dion, the star Basketball player beating the ever loving shit out of my best friend. Now, Eric avoids confrontation, and he's a sweet kid. I've always stuck up for him because of our history, so it angered me to see him so defenseless.

"You outed me to the team, you fuck!" Dion screams while punching him repeatedly.

"Hey!" I yell to him while rushing over to push him off Eric, when I do, Eric's face is all bloody. Before I can even react, Dion comes at me and punches me square in the jaw. To note, because of my scar, no one has dared to touch me, they thought that I looked too intimidating to even try to attack, so this was my first time being punched. I took it horribly.

A sudden rage came over me and I didn't even touch Dion, I jut thought about sending him through the locker room. And it happened. Eric looked at me horrified, but I didn't know why he looked at me that way. What he saw was me, being clouded by a dark, shroud-like aura, and my scar, elongated to where it goes from the top of my forehead, to the bottom of my chin, and the scar glowing a purple color.

"Damon?" He says horrified to me. Snapping out of it, the aura disperses and my scar goes back to normal.

"What did you do to him?" he asks me, but I can't utter a single word to him, because even I don't know what just happened. The locker room is a mess, the row of lockers were all over the place, and Dion was knocked unconscious. I grab Eric's arm and clean him up the best I could before I dropped him off home. I get home and rush into my room. I unlock my phone and dial my mom. I can't call my dad, he's a Marine, special ops at that, so lord knows where he's at right now. My mom though, she's an accountant so she should be able to pick up the phone. She picks up and I'm frantic.

"Mom! I don't know what happened. Eric was getting beat up and I pushed the kid off him but I pushed him without touching him and he flew across the room, and I felt this darkness around me that felt safe, but sinister and I'm freaking out I don't know what to do!" I say all in one breath.

"I'll be right there, it's about time this happened. Wait for me at home, love." She replies without missing a beat. After hearing what she said, my entire world flipped on its head, what did she mean by that? Does she know what happened to me? If anything even happened at all?