Chapter 2

About twenty minutes later my mom bursts through the front door. She's greeted by me sitting on the couch, completely freaking out over what happened at school today. She didn't even acknowledge me when she walked in, she just went to her room for a few minutes and came with an envelope in her hand when she returned. There were tears in her eyes.

"Here sweetie, this is for you." She says to me while handing me the envelope.

"Come find me when you're ready, okay?" She said before walking back into her room, bawling, as I opened what was given to me.

What was inside this packet was a stack of cash, roughly two thousand dollars and a letter. the letter was ornate, and had a white seal on it. The reverse side said my name, Damon, written on it. I tore open the letter and read what was on it.

My dear son Damon, if you're reading this then you have manifested your power. I did not know whether it was possible or not because of the circumstances. The reason I am contacting you beyond the grave is because your birth has caused my death, but do not worry, I do not blame you. for what it is worth, I have loved you, do love you, and will continue to love you beyond the ends of time. You need to find your father son, he will give you the answers that I wish i could give you right now. The person you are with currently is my best friend, Macy. She is doing much more beyond that is required of a best friend, and for her I am truly grateful. Do not be angry with her, my boy. She is not at fault. It was my fault that all of this happened. Take the money that was with this message, and buy a plane ticket to Brazil. Then, head to The Amazon Rainforest. There are coordinates on the back of this paper to know exactly where to go. When you arrive, you'll know. Hopefully you can find the answers you're looking for my sweet.

Love, Mom

I was in complete shock. But I needed to get my head on straight, if Brazil is where I need to go in order to figure out what the hell I am, then so be it. I make my way over to Macy's room and she is on the floor, crying. I walk over to her and grab her hands on mine.

"You are not at fault. No matter what, you are my mother. You are the one who raised me. Nothing can change that, nothing." I assure her. And it was true, Macy is indeed my mom. She may not be the one who birthed me, but she will always be my mom. No matter what.

"You are my boy, you hear me? My boy. It doesn't matter if I can't tell what's going on with you."

"I know mom, I know."

"So what now?" She wipes her tears off of her face.

"I guess I have to follow the letter."

"Are you sure? You know you don't have to go."

"I have to. If there's anyone who can help me figure out what the hell is going on with me, whoever's at the end of these coordinates is able to. I need to find out what I am, and if there's something I can do to get rid of it."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"I'm eighteen mom, you don't need to. But I do need to do something about school. It's only March, so what now?"

"I'll withdraw you and say you're being cyber schooled. Eric already knows you're like this, I'll tell him.

"Perfect. Now to pack and find a flight to Brazil."

I walk out of my mom's room and find my passport in my nightstand. Looking around on the internet, I find a flight for Brazil that leaves in a few hours. I take the time to pack a single backpack with essentials and dress myself appropriately for the occasion: boots, tank top, button down over said tank, and long expedition pants. After I get myself prepared I kiss my mom goodbye, hop in my car, and head to the airport. An hour later I'm on a plane and my whole world is rocked. What was to greet me when I finally reached my destination? Anyone's guess is as good as mine. Finally arriving in Brazil, it was difficult finding my way to the Amazon rain forest. The amount of security patrolling it is insane. I reached the end of coordinates and I'm stuck in the middle of the goddamn jungle, but I feel a sort of safety and feel like I recognize it. I see this weird tree that looks way taller than the rest of the trees around me. I walk over to the tree and it feels like it's calling over to me. I attempt to touch the tree when I'm suddenly nowhere near the jungle anymore. I'm in the wilderness, but it's more, civilized. I walk over to a village that I see nearby and get there but something seems, off. I walk over to the nearest local person I find and notice their attire. It's sort of how the air nomads look like from Avatar the Last Airbender. Regardless, I greet her.