Charm {Vendel/Human!Reader}

A/n: The chapter title says it all, except there isn't an established relationship. The reader more or less has a crush on Vendel, but it's never mentioned.

"When I see you smileI can face the world,Oh oh, you know I can do anythingWhen I see you smileI see a ray of lightOh oh, I see it shining right through the rain

I can face the world,
Oh oh, you know I can do anything
When I see you smile
I see a ray of light
Oh oh, I see it shining right through the rain."

    This was a

    This was a... unique situation that Vendel didn't quite know how to handle. Usually he knew how to handle anything thrown his way, but this just seemed to be out of his ball pit. Honestly, Vendel was just too old for this type of thing. Perhaps, if he were in his youth once more, then he wouldn't be as clueless as he was.

    The elder troll wasn't uncomfortable with it. At first it had been a bit unsettling, obviously, but that was subsided within a matter of days. So now, he found no or need reason for such a feeling as that. And if that feeling was ever to come about, then Vendel would have put a stop to it immediately - as quickly as one would put out an ever growing fire.

    "So, what do you think?"

    Vendel twisted his head around to peer down at you and the object within your hands. Brow ridge raised, he asked, "What is that supposed to be exactly, Y/n?"

    "Um," You flipped the object over. "It's a... Well, it's like a little trinket or totem - charm too if you'd rather call it that. I made it for you! To, you know, put it on your new staff!"

    Clouded eyes slowly traveled to the slab of wood in his hand. Vendel saw no fault in his newly acquired staff other than the fact that it was not his original - the one that was still strangely missing.

    "Is there something wrong with it?"

    Your eyes widened, and your head shook to answer 'no.' "There's nothing really wrong with it. Your staff is really bland. Boring. Not that there's anything wrong with bland or boring! But your other staff at least had some character to it. This one is literally just a normal stick."