𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘. mascots

NOTE
kigurumi guardians au

It's odd that the school provides you with a giraffe mascot that calls itself Teru as a partner the day before — it's even more odd that every single member of your family quickly adjusted to the strange furry mascot, almost as if they accepted it...

It's odd that the school provides you with a giraffe mascot that calls itself Teru as a partner the day before — it's even more odd that every single member of your family quickly adjusted to the strange furry mascot, almost as if they accepted it as a part of them.

However, you're not the only student provided with a mascot; there is the bratty lavender haired girl Minori partnered with a hamster mascot named Shou and the other one is the silent heartthrob of the school, Tsubomi accompanied by Mob, the cow mascot.

Why does the school provide them for the three of you?

Well, to protect the world from Puppet Guild, a mysterious organization from an equally mysterious parallel dimension, of course! Why else would they give them to you?

After the discussion of this furtive ordeal as well as the interruption due to an abrupt attack from the aforementioned organization that knocked you unconscious, you, along with your designated partner, left the group before the chairman - reigen - reminds all of you to keep it a secret and meet him at the second music room tomorrow.

you paused and watched as the harmless drops of water poured down from the dull cloudy sky that seemed to ridicule you from reaching your destination - your home. "Darn it... I didn't bring an umbrella today."

The giraffe mascot raised his cardboard that was provided for him - since he couldn't speak in mascot form - "You aren't lady-like at all."

You answered rather harshly, "None of your business!"

You dismissed all the doubts brewing inside your head and decided to walk despite the rain. For a short while, you splashed on some of the puddles before you glance back at your partner, "It's okay. It's okay I can go home like this." In contrast to the dull weather, your features appeared to illuminate out of content as a grin plastered on your lips.

Teru asked, "Are you sure?"

You answered in reassurement, "If I get wet , I'll just dry up at home!"

"Besides, isn't getting soaked by the rain a happy thing?" You said as the bright beam broadened on your face.

The journey to your destination was a silent walk - albeit the drops of water from the sky resonated. You were satisfyingly walking ahead of the furry mascot when you noticed the water drops vanished on your spot yet the rain still continued.

You looked up above your head and saw the cardboard that Teru uses to communicate, acting as an umbrella. It said, "It's finally coming in handy." You guessed it was about the cardboard.

You slumped a bit and as if it's alive, your enormous (head accessory) followed along with your sudden gloomy attitude, "Soaking wet can be dried," you spoke, "besides, I am already wet."