Three

~The Alpha King~

Laiela

The man, accompanied by four other men, escorted us out of the cell. Each man held two women by the arm and I could practically feel the bruises blossoming at the part where the first man held me but I stayed quiet, making no complaints.

We went down hallways and before I knew it, we were in a room. I was stunned at the magnificence of the room. Golden chandeliers hung from the ceiling, giving the room a beautiful glow and enhanced the royally decorated room.

My attention got directed to the gold tubs in front of us and the women who stood by each. A woman who appeared to be the head of the group approached the men as they let go of us.

"Be careful of this one," the man said gruffly, motioning to me.

The woman smiled at me as she took my hand in hers and I could feel myself relax under her gaze. Soon the men left and I could see the girls also relaxing. We were told to strip, which we did, shyly.

First, I took off my leather jacket, then my loose cream-colored blouse, my jeans followed and soon my underwear laid on the floor with my other stuff. It was then I realized my boots were missing. Right after that, it was pretty much a blur to me. By the time I came to, I was standing in front of a big carved oak set of doors.

It took me a while to take note of what had happened in those moments. I was now dressed in a long white greek style dress complete with a gold string belt. Unconsciously my hands moved to my hair to feel the place where my here was pulled into a French plait.

Looking around I realized the other girls were as disoriented as I was. The opening of the doors took my attention was as it revealed a grassy plain that led into what looked like woods. I didn't know what but something compelled me to move forward.

It was there I realized I was still barefoot then noticed the other people who were present. Murmurs rose the crowd of other people when we appeared. The bulky man appeared again and led us to a spot that led to the woods. The murmurs grew and the sniffing began.

It was pretty clear they were talking about us amongst themselves with the way they kept looking at us before they spoke and for some reason, it irked to the core. How could they kidnap someone then talk about that person right in their face? How rude.

Suddenly I noticed the place had become quiet and I could see them part ways to allow someone to get through. I took this time to look around trying to formulate an escape plan.

The new presence seemed to call out to me. The person stood in front of us half facing the crowd. My gaze started at the person's black combat boots then up to his well fitted black jeans slowly to the black fitting T-shirt. My attention got drawn away when I felt Marina stiffen beside me.

"Marina. What's wrong. "

"It's him. The Alpha King. "

The Alpha King? The cause of all this?

I could feel my anger bubbling up in me but I tried my best to keep it on a leash. I couldn't just get angry then decide to do what my head was telling me to do. Going up there and punching the Alpha King wasn't such a smart thing to do in front of his citizens.

I felt shivers go down my spine as I heard his baritone voice but I repressed the abnormal feeling.

"People of Astrae we are here to witness the beginning of the special event of our people 'The Hunt'. Here are ten women, chosen by our Hunters, to partake in the Hunt. As usual, nine of these women are mates to nine of these men."

It was at that I noticed the presence of nine other men in front of the crowd.

"As you know the other will be for our entertainment," he continued and I couldn't help but grind my teeth, "And to make this a little more interesting, I'll let you on a little secret... The only way to be let go is to get to the middle of the forest before you are caught. There, freedom is guaranteed. "

I could feel Marina's determination and I smiled. She had told me of her decision to find a way to survive, make it out of Astrae and make her people and her family proud.

"So...let the Hunt begin."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, y'all. I'm back. I know I'm terrible for doing this but I've been really busy these days since we were told to come home due to the Coronavirus. But don't worry the next chapter will be longer to compensate for my absence.
.......................................
So The Hunt has been announced and Laiela is to take part in it. Will she make it out. Or will she end up trapped in an unknown place? Who is this Alpha King?
.........................................
Remember to take care of yourselves and have a great day.

~Sayonara~