~ Cuts ~

Chapter 2
~ Cuts ~

(self-harm warning!)
Izuku POV:

The scratching continued, his soulmates unrelenting. Izuku assumed they were talking to each other, they wouldn't want to talk to him.

After reading their messages and responding with his own, the burning urge to read the new messages wasnt as strong, but Izuku could still feel the desire coursing through him. His fingers twitched towards his wrist and his thoughts wouldnt focus on anything else. But Izuku didnt want to see it. Its easy to day dream about a perfect life with your soulmate before you know them, but now Izuku was sure. Kacchan was right. They could never want him.

But at least he had two soulmates. This way when I die, they will still have each other, they wont need a second chance soulmate. They would never be happy with me. At least now they have another option.

___

Izuku didnt sleep that night, but it was rare for Izuku to sleep at all. The excuse of being an early bird had justified all the times Izuku "woke up" at dawn. Izuku dragged himself to the bathroom, unwilling to move at all, but he knew he had to. Today was Saturday, so Izuku had things he needed to do.

He jumped in the shower, his cuts stinging, but he was used to it by now. He had to take his bandages off to have a shower, so now his arm was on full display, a mess of old cuts and ink. Without the shield of a bandage, Izuku had complete access to his soulmates conversation from the night before, and as much as he tried to resist, his curiosity boiled over.

He scanned over their words hesitantly, waiting for one of them to insult him, reject him, or admit he was useless. He waited for one of them to say they wished he didn't exist. That's what Kacchan always said, that his soulmates would wish he was never born. Just like everyone else does.

What do you mean you're sorry? You didnt do anything wrong.

What happened? Are you alright?

Izuku was mildly surprised. Of course he did something wrong, he existed.

What's your name? My name is Shoto.

Shoto. Izuku would remember that. He knew he would never – could never – be with him, but something in Izuku warmed at knowing his soulmates name.

And my names Katsuki.

"No. No, no way." Kacchans not my soulmate. Kacchans not my soulmate! Izuku repeated to himself, trying to convince himself. But his efforts were fruitless. The orange soul mark, the explosion. And now this? No, its not possible.

Are you there?

Maybe he fell asleep, we should leave him be.

Okay.

Izuku's head was still swimming. Not Kacchan, anyone but Kacchan. Izuku jumped out of the shower and got dressed, trying to get Kacchan and his soulmates off his mind. He flew down the stairs and into the kitchen and began making breakfast. He made two pieces of avocado on toast and a coffee, his mother's favourite. He brought them up to her room and woke her up as gently as possible.

"Morning, Izuku. Thank you for breakfast." She smiled gently at him, and Izuku had to remind himself that she hated him. Breakfast couldn't change the fact that he ruined her life by being born. "You'll be eating too, right?"