Info

(That's what Izuku looks like, he only goes up to the bottom of Bakugo's chest, so he's small. Also for the info section I will be borrowing some info from another fanfiction, Cinnamon Bun Bun on Ao3, go check it out.)

General-

Pets are humanoid creatures that are hybrids of (generally) common pet animals.

Non-domesticated animals cannot be Pets: no lions or tigers or bears, oh my!

Some Pet breeds are more common than others, dogs and cats being the most common.

The base animals the pets are hybrids of (such as rabbits) also exist in the world. These domesticated animals are still kept as pets.

There are different variations of the same species. Think of all the breeds of dogs.  Some breeds are rarer, and in turn, more sought after than others.

Physical Traits-

Pets have animal ears, tails, legs, and occasionally, other animalistic features (like whiskers/horns).

The easiest example would be satyrs but of different animals.

Sex organs are hidden under their fur.

Reptile and amphibian pets retain additional human traits and are slightly different than mammalian pets.

They have hair however only on their heads.

Female (and Omega males when childbearing) will have breasts that are used to feed their young.

Sex organs are hidden within their bodies unless currently engaging in sexual acts.

They are shorter than humans, rarely growing taller than 5 feet tall.

For the purpose of the story, take canon height minus 1 foot.

They have better senses (hearing, smell, etc) than humans depending on the breed of animal.  

They are intelligent creatures within a comparable range to humans.

They can communicate with humans without any issues.

If taught, they can read, write, do math, etc.

Pets age at roughly the same rate as humans, and with a healthy lifestyle, can live just as long.

At earlier ages of development, pets grow faster than humans physically but slower than humans mentally (0-2 years).  By the time they reach adulthood, the difference is minimal.

Quirks & Heros-

Quirks and Hero Society as a whole are still present in this AU.

Pets can have quirks, but at a much lower frequency than humans.

(Canon) human ratio of quirk to quirkless: 80/20

Pet ratio of quirk to quirkless: 20/80

People who had animal quirks in canon are now pets without quirks.

At the time of the story, there are no pet heroes.

While there are no pet heroes, pets occasionally help in other hero activities. Theyre just not licensed heroes.

Pets in Public-

The only required item of clothing for pets is a collar with tags indicating their owner.

However, while a collar is the only required item of clothing, some pets were clothes, its 50% 50% when it comes to pets and clothes.

Tags have chips in them with addresses and phone numbers of their owners, some pet owners choose to also have a location chip added to the tags.