Chapter 1: The White and Black Koi

I was swimming in this unknown underwater-like place but there's no pressure. I can breath normally and I'm not even getting wet from the water.

Then I realized that it was more like an outer space and stuff but no stars just darkness and silence.

I began to question myself : Where am i? What is this place? Why am I here?

There was so many questions in my head right now that needs answering until I saw a light.

'what is that?' I asked inside my mind.

A little light can be seen by far distance while it moves from left to right and right to left.

I swam forward not knowing what will happen to me as I headed to that odd light and it seems to be alive.
Curiosity got the best me, so, I swam even further for inspection.

As I've gotten a closer to the light I can finally tell what kind of being or creature it is. It's a school of glowing white fish swimming fast as they go up, down, compress and contract to one another.

'Why does the school of fish do that?'

'Are they are trying swim away on something?' I ask to myself.

Then my face turned pale when I realized they are heading towards my direction as the glow is starting to get bigger and bigger.

"Ahh!". I screamed as the school of white glowing fishes swam in front of me. I put both of my shaking arms in front as a shield while I closed both of my eyes and curled up.

The fishes seemed to avoid me while making a strong current enough to make me turn.

As I slowly open both of my eyes, the time seems to be slowed down by itself allowing me to see the fish that is so elegant and so beautiful.

It made me smile to see such creature, it was like pure white koi fish swimming away from me. Then a stronger current push me harder behind my back turning me three times and making me a little bit dizzy. This time my smile changed into frown and filled dread as I got a very bad feeling to see this another school of fish.

It's skin was black as the starless night like my surrounding and its eyes were glowing fiery red and its teeth is sharper than a newly polished blade.

As I took a glance into the deep red eye of one of the fishes, I was petrified, their presence gives me a feeling that I should be running away from them because my guts tells me they have one purpose and that is to kill.

I watch in distance as the glowing fishes started to fade one by one, not because they're swimming away from me. It's because they've been eaten alive by those black red eyed koi fish.

Many were shallowed and other white koi fish were able to dodge but got injured.

It was a sad sight and I started to cry from what I have seen. It's like watching the stars on the sky but slowly disappearing one by one.

I want to do something but can't.

moments later I heard a voice of an old woman which seems to be calling for help.

Hello... is anybody there?

I wipe my tears away as I scan my surroundings then I noticed the school of black fish has already gone and one white glowing fish in the near distance was spared but heavily injured.

You can judge it by the look of the injury, some of her scales were peeled off, fins were folded and thorn apart, and her beautiful body was full of fresh cuts and bite marks.

and the glow inside of her is starting to fade away.

A sign that's she might not live long. I swam as hard and fast as I could towards the dying fish.

As I got there the body of the fish is floating side ways in this never ending space and she was still alive.

I sigh on relief while catching to my breaths first But then 'what am I gonna do? I don't know how to save her? I ask myself and starting to panic on how to help her.

I put my both hands on my head as I sigh of frustration.

"Help! Please help us !" I desperately shout out but no response except the echo of my voice. Then my eyes became puffy and teary.

I cried until a cough startled me.

"Cough!, cough!. A voice coming from the fish.

"Umm.. are you okay? fishy ?" I ask as I wiped my tears away.

"Who's there? Come closer dearie I can't see you with this kind position I'm in." She said softly and bitterly because of the wound.

I swam above her head just enough for her to see me.

"Oh..." A small gasp escaped from her mouth. "Well...what a lovely surprise to see you, one of the chosen ones." She smiled sincerely as she coughed.

"Chosen ones?" I ask her in confusion. "What's that-" she interrupt me with her hard coughing.

"Cough. Cough. Cough! Cough!" I frown as my eyes became teary again because I can tell that she is hurting from each cough she make, it gets loud and painful to me.

"Please don't die yet and I still have so many questions about this world." I sobbed.

She smiled sincerely then she take a large amount of air and said. "Dearie Im running out of glow, so please, listen to what I'm about going to say". She said on a serious & a hurry tone.

I nodded.

"If you wish to seek the answers for your undying questions." She said hushly as she breaths heavily.

"Find the Mimicking Wizard into the forest of living dolls, puppets and Ventriloquists.

You ask him a question to find the Oracle of the written prophecy.

But before you can ask on how to find the Oracle, you must risk your life to find him first deep into the woods, thou, be careful on your way because some will trick you on your journey , some will try kill you in instant if they want to, and also, he himself, the Mimicking Wizard will challenge you on five different test and you must pass at least 3 of the of the given tests or you'll instantly become part of his collections on his shelves."

I frown because mostly on what she said were absurd and I didn't get it, most of it, but three things are for sure First, their will be chances that I would be likely to get killed by an unknown creatures on the way, Second, find this weird wizard then pass 3 out 5 of challenges or be a living puppet of the wizard on his shelves and lastly ,if I pass the challenges, I need to ask directions on where to find this Oracle.

"Don't worry dearie, I will guide you to his home and protect you if you get into trouble finding him."

"Just take any one of my crystals under my fins." She said calmly and softly.

I only nodded and get one of the crystals, following her instructions, and then hold the stone on my right hand.

"The crystal itself has its own magic energy. You can use it to translate any language in this world into your language, you can also use it to heal any minor injuries and this crystal can make a small barrier but has it's own limit so be wise when and how to use it." She pause to inhale another large amount of air then she continues.

"Lastly don't worry about the wizard my dear, he's not a bad guy, he won't kill you but he will cast a spell to make you a living puppet in his home to keep him company, though, most of the puppet on his home can move freely under his supervision, of course."

"Now I will cast my last magic into the crystal to extend its limited energy and, also dearie, please be careful on your journey." The fish form a smiled and started  chanting her magic spell which is unrecognizable to me.

The stone in my hand glows brighter as her body glows even brighter and brighter until she's illuminating a blindining light, making me cover my eyes with my free hand and then she disappear.