Chapter 6

Leah

I stepped out of the bath and wrapped a towel around my body. I found that taking baths while I was stressed was a good way to clear my head and think. And right now, I needed to think of a plan.

I've been blocking my wolf all day, stopping her from entering my thoughts and talking to me, but I still haven't found a way to stop her from visiting Kane. There had to be some way to break that link.

Otherwise, I was doomed.

I was not allowing him to claim or bite me. The only other option was to find a witch that could brew me a potion. It was a major crime, but at this point, I had nothing left to lose. 

There was a knock at the door. Before I could say anything, the door opened up and Alpha Kane walked in. He took one look at me and his eyes darkened. 

Gripping the towel, I felt my knee shake and a smoldering heat engulf my skin. It was intense. The need to have his cool fingers trance me, to have his large hand cup my breast and grip my hips was so overwhelming, I had to turn around.

"Christ, woman," He growled with pleasure. 

I didn't wait for the fire to grow. "Get out!" I demanded angrily. 

His chest rumbled as he fought to control his wolf. Mate or not, he was still an alpha male and I disrespected the hell out of him. Until we completed at least the claiming, his wolf would not see me as a full equal. 

He coughed. I sighed. 

He took a step forward and I did the same.

He growled. I smirked with satisfaction. 

The thing was... he couldn't kill me. Both he and his wolf understood the repercussions of such a vile act. In essence, he would be killing himself.

"Please, Alpha," I said cheekily. "I would like to get dressed."

This time he listened, slamming the door as he stepped outside. He didn't leave as I had hoped, instead, leaning against the doorframe with his large build. 

I quickly pulled on an oversized sweater and leggings, checking myself in the mirror in the bathroom before opening the door. He stood there with his forehead against the wall, his eyes shut tight and his mouth parted slightly. 

He must have been speaking with his wolf. 

I reached out and touched his shoulder. He jerked with a snarl and I saw the golden glow of his irises. 

"Hey bud," I murmured remembering our adventure in my dream. I was sure that his wolf was in control and I wasn't afraid to speak with him now. If anything, I trusted the beast more than the man.

His glowing eyes twinkled, even more, when he realized it was me, reminding me of bright yellow stars that were surrounded by the deepest night. 

The wolf made a rumbling noise in the back of his throat, but before he could act, Kane took back control and stepped inside, pushing me along with him with a grunt.

"Next time," he scolded. "...make sure you're dressed." He walked to the edge of the bed and sat down, resting his elbows on his knees. 

"You're the one who came barging in!" I threw my hands up in exasperation. 

"I knocked!" he retorted back, standing again to get in my face. I hated how tall he was compared to me. He was at least six-foot-four, and with my five-foot-six, he looked like a giant. 

I glared up at him while standing on my toes. "You couldn't have waited for a response, could you?"

He grabbed ahold of my shoulders and was about ready to start yelling when his face lit up as if he had just remembered something. He released me and sat back down.