Chapter 8 pt.2

Leah

When you have to fight against an alpha, what do you do?

Do you run?

Do you hide?

Or do you stand your ground and fight like hell?

For me, it was all three.

I tried hiding first, though I did get dressed and ready. He came upstairs, as promised, and sniffed me out the second he stepped foot into the room.

Then I ran. I couldn't let my wolf take control, fearful that she would just run into his arms, so I ran as fast as my human body would let me. He caught up to me in seconds.

Then I fought like hell. 

He lifted me up and placed me on his shoulders. I screamed and kicked. Growled and scratched up the back of his t-shirt. I landed a good blow to his lower region with my foot, but he retaliated by threatening the leash again. 

The sun blinded me when we got outside. I had to squint to see what was happening.

Three large males stood off to the side. One wore an unbuttoned jean jacket with dark denim pants. Another wore a normal shirt and sweats. And the last one, the farthest from me and the largest built, had on nothing except basketball short.

"Make sure she doesn't run," Kane barked at the denim guy. He nodded his head and stared blankly at his alpha. 

Kane set me down on my feet. I took that moment to jerk away and sprint. I used all my strength, even my wolf, to try and make a run for it. 

A brilliant fountain surrounded by white gravel made up the driveway. I used the gravel to fling myself forward. 

A dense forest encircled the house and driveway. Once inside, I made a beeline for the sound of rushing water. The water would help erase my scent and give me a few days head start against the wolves that would definitely track me. 

Alpha Kane snarled behind me. The others laughed. 

Then there were three large wolves in front of me. One grey, one black, and the other sandy-blonde.

I recoiled back and tried to run in the opposite direction. Twigs and branches scraped up my face and arms, but I was so focused on running that I didn't notice. I had to find water.

A furry body knocked me to the side and I fell. My ribs landed a mossy trunk; my hands flying out to catch myself. Then another furry mass kicked my legs from under me. I slide down to the ground, scratching my left arm again the bark. 

There were three distinct growls, making up a triangle around me. 

The black one was the closest. He bared his teeth and took a step forward. The blonde was behind me, though I could tell he was doing the same. The grey one looked calmer. His lips almost looked to be in a smile.

He was the one who nudged my side. I glowered at him as he nudged me again. He was telling me to get up. I did so, reluctantly and gradually because my side hurt, and followed them out of the woods. 

Kane stood by the car with his arms crossed. His eyes glazed over as he talked with the wolfs. Then he frowned. 

The grey wolf's body shifted, his bones cracking and shrinking back into place as he turned into his human self. He was naked beside me.

I glued my eyes to the ground as he walked forward, jabbing me along with him. 

He opened the backseat door of the car and motioned for me to get in. "Please?" He asked with a grin.