Friends ~ Loki

Word Count: 2,408

Pairing: Loki x Reader

Summary: The reader is Loki's new friend but as they get closer his fear of vulnerability and insecurity shows up which leads to their first fight.

A/N: As I always do it's angst then fluff. I hope you like it and please let me know what you think. Thank you for reading :)

Loki and the young woman had only met a few months ago. As [Name] started working for the Queen. She came from a small village of Asgard and spent most of her time working in the palace. But it was only recently that she was appointed to serve and attend the Queen. She was the equivalent of a Lady-in-Waiting, Queen Frigga's personal assistant.

Unlike other women [Name] was required on a daily basis. She had a lot of responsibilities but also a lot of privileges. Back in the old times, Ladies-in-Waiting were only noblewomen. But this quickly changed and the position was now earned by hard work and loyalty.

Therefore, spending most of her time working, [Name] only had a few friends. Furthermore, with all the new responsibilities she had, keeping in touch was hard. So she often felt lonely. Of course, the relationship she had with the Queen wasn't only about her work. She was one of Frigga's most trusted companion after all. But [Name] couldn't help being nostalgic about her family and friends.

This is when Loki started showing interest in her. The young woman quickly understood the Queen had something to do with it. In fact, she easily saw the loneliness feeling [Name]'s heart and she was quick to ask her youngest son to keep an eye on her. The Queen also figured out Loki could use a friend too.

Of course, she got it right. The alchemy between Loki and [Name] was visible. They were always spotted together in their free time. Sometimes innocently engaging in different activities and other times getting in trouble. As time passed [Name] was quick to open up to Loki. She wasn't afraid to share her thoughts and feelings with him and Loki liked that. He always listened to her and was even there with a tissue when she missed her loved ones too much. The god of mischief was a good friend, she never doubted that.

So she wanted to be a good friend to him too. But lately, Loki had been avoiding her, which got her thinking she did something wrong. Loki was clearly upset and [Name] had no way of knowing why. Unless she asked. Well, she could have asked Thor or even Frigga. But the easiest way would be to just talk to him.

Except that Loki didn't really appear to want that. Which made her anxious. [Name] hated conflicts and she couldn't help feeling nervous whenever someone was upset. So it was after a long moment of reflection that she finally decided to ask the Prince what was going on exactly.

It was right after dinner. Loki was heading to his apartments. He was walking through the long corridors of the castle when he heard footsteps behind him. But the Prince wasn't really paying attention, it was probably just some guards or servants he thought. So he didn't slow down. However, after a few seconds, he heard his name. [Name] not using his title anymore he knew it was her. Loki stopped in his tracks and turned towards the young woman. She smiled and went up to him.

"I was wondering if you wanted to have a walk in the gardens with me," she said.
"I am a bit tired. I am sorry. Maybe another time."

As she expected he said no. But [Name] wasn't finished yet.

"Are you okay, Loki?"
"I am fine," he replied, expressionless.
"Are you sure? Because I feel like you are avoiding me..."

The Prince stayed silent for a few seconds. He was, in fact, avoiding the young woman. But this had nothing to do directly with her. However, he couldn't think of a way to tell her without [Name] asking about the real issue.