Tails

It has been 3 months since that plane crash Tails had that was caused by Eggman's robot named Burnbot. Burnbot slashed onto the wing of the plane and smoke came out of it. He also remembered how panicked Sonic was when he noticed that tue plane was spinning out of control. "Bail Tails, BAIL!" he screamed. Yet, he ended up crashing. But it was a miracle when Sonic heard his heart beating after the crash. Tails was lucky. For now.

It was late afternoon. Tails was at his workshop changing the one of the light bulbs on his plane. He heard a knock coming from the door. Not minding of who it was, Tails answered, "It's open!" A blue hedgehog of what he call Sonic came in with two chili dogs in both hands. "Hey buddy!" He says, "I brought lunch!" Tails finished screwing the bulb onto the plane and walked to Sonic to grab a chili dog. Sonic always knew how he would like them made. Not too hot as Sonic's, but just right. He took a bite after another until his hand was empty. "Thanks! I needed one." said Tails. Sonic was still trying to swallow his lunch, but he gives him a thumbs up instead.

Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks came in for the visit. Normally they would go to Tails' house to see if he was there, but this time, they must've known that he was at the workshop. "How'd you know I was here?" asked Tails. "We saw Sonic pass by here. And so we came here." Amy explains. Their visit won't last long. A huge explosion was heard from the town. It was big enough to make the ground shake. "What the heck was that?!" demanded Knuckles. Sonic and Tails knew one person that could have made an explosion that big. And that person has a big mustache, henchmen robots and the will to try and take over the world. "It's Eggman!" Sonic and Tails say. Knowing what to do, Sonic and the gang ran out the workshop. Tails on the other hand stayed.

Sonic stopped and looked back, "Tails, what are you doing?!" "Let me know when to come with my plane." instructed Tails, "I have a feeling that I'm gonna need it." Sonic nodded to the plan and ran to catch up with the others. At the town Eggman was shooting lasers and sending out robots to attack the civilians. With the corner of his eye, he sees Sonic and the gang running towards him. He smiles to himself and calls to his robots, "Let's lure them away!" Sonic and friends noticed what was happening and stopped looking confused. "He's getting away!" shouted Sticks, "He's luring us into a trap!" "Well whatever that trap is," Knuckles says, "I'm gonna go find out what it is." Knuckles began running as Sonic and the rest followed.

Eggman was heading towards a dark jungle not too far from the city. After a long distance into it, he stopped to execute his plan. "Sonic won't know what hit him." He says to himself. Sonic and the others followed to where Eggman headed until they where stopped by a dark jungle. They split up hoping that they would find Eggman. When Sonic walked in, he turns on his communicator and tries to call Tails. "Tails, you come with the plane now." He says. "I'm already on my way. I saw Eggman passing by while I was  waiting." says Tails, "I'll let you know when I located Eggman."

Tails flies over the jungle and searches for Eggman. What he doesn't know is that something is waiting for him. Meanwhile with Sonic, he was also on the search for Eggman just in case Tails couldn't. He sees a light coming from the end of the jungle. He ran to it, but then suddenly stops when he sees Eggman pointing straight for him. He was lucky enough that Eggman can't see him within the darkness. As he hid, Knuckles and the rest came running towards Eggman until they see Sonic. They stopped to where he's at and Amy asked "Why'd you stop?" "Eggman has all his weapons pointing at us," Sonic explains, "If we come out, we are done."

"Well Sonic?" Sticks said anxiously, "You might want to tell Tails to turn around!" She pointed at the yellow plane that was about to expose itself to Eggman. Sonic pushed a button on his communicator and tried to warn Tails. "Tails, get out of there!" "Why?" Tails asked. He was unaware of what's going on. "You're flying towards a trap!" Sonic shouts, "Hurry!" "I'm coming!" Tails says.

Eggman heard Tails' voice from the distance and commanded his robots to fire at the plane. Tails dodge most of the lasers, until one of them hit the engine. Tails started falling. He was trying to pull up, but there was nothing he could do. Watching the impact, Sonic tries to run and save Tails while Knuckles  and the rest went and to destroy his robots. The plane crashed and it wasn't  very far away from where Sonic is. Sonic remembered the previous plane crash Tails went through. He was lucky enough to stay alive, but this time, he wouldn't be.

Sonic ran to Tails and got him out of the airplane. He shook Tails to wake up, but he didn't respond. "Come on buddy, wake up!" He says, "This isn't funny anymore!" He checked for his heartbeat, but to his horror, he heard nothing. Sonic began trembling. He didn't know what to do. There isn't a hospital near by. He couldn't get help. "No....he can't be gone." He says, "Tails, please wake up!" His voice began to quiver. He couldn't believe of what's happening. Tails is gone. He is not coming back. He never will. Sonic began shaking Tails lightly. "You can't be gone. Please wake up. Say something!" No answer. Sonic grabbed Tails and hugged him tightly. He began sobbing when he did. Tears ran down his face. There is no way that Tails can be gone.

When Eggman finally gave up due to the low amount of robots, he finally retreats. Knuckles and the others finally ran towards Sonic, but then suddenly stops when they realize something is wrong. Sonic was crying over Tails' body. "What happened?" Knuckles asks. Sonic looks up to them and only shook his head. They all knew what that meant. Tears ran down Amy's face, and Sticks hugged her for comfort. Knuckles looked away from the scene that is happening; yet he fells deep sadness for not only what had happened, but for Sonic. They have been best friends for so long. They're friendship is hard to ignore. But now it had came to an end.

"This is all my fault." Sonic said sobbing, "if only I hadn't called him over, he would still be here." "This isn't your fault Sonic," Amy said, "You didn't know." "I wished I did." Sonic said. It was a sorrow day. How can anyone bare this? This was too much to take. It would take some time to adjust to the new reality.

Three months had passed and Sonic was back to his old self. He was coming back from a visit from Sticks' house. He was getting ready for bed. But before he did he took out what looked like a photo album. When he opened it, he views the photos he and Tails had taken previously. But when he looked at the very last one, tears welled up. It was his favorite one. He remembered what happened in that photo.

"Come on Sonic, I barely have any memory in my camera left." said Tails. "Only one more picture!" Sonic said. Tails sighs and smiles, "Fine, one more." Tails leaves the camera standing on its legs and clicks on the button and ran next to Sonic. Sonic was getting ready, until he thought of something. Three seconds before the picture can be taken, Sonic gave Tails a quick hug. After the flash from the camera he let's go. After he views the picture, he says "This one's a keeper!"

Tears ran down his face, yet he was smiling. He had good times with Tails, and he put the past right behind him. He recovered quickly throughout those three months. But the sadness for his sidekick was still there, and he didn't  let that bring him down. He wiped the tears away from his face, even though more came down. He smiles and says, "At least you are still my best friend in my memories. I love you Tails."