9

Ford closes the door behind him as April stares at him.

Ford: It's just you and me....We're just gonna talk, sweetheart. Make yourself comfortable. Sit.

Ford grabs a chair and brings it in front of April.

Ford: Sit down....sit down....sit down....come on. Don't make this harder.

Ford gently pushes April to sit onto the bed, before sitting down in front of her, examining her bruised lip.

Ford: Damn....they did you good, huh? You okay?

In disbelief, April scoffs.

Ford: You're okay, though? I mean--

Ford reaches out, but April smacks his hand away.

Ford: Hey!

April: Take your hands off me!

Ford: Okay...(laughs) No harm, no foul....easy....but I need you to be calm. Understand? Why are you here?

April: Ain't it a hotel?.....it's pretty common, right?

Ford: So you're a local from Baltimore? To find you here's got me...thinking kind of work you might be doing....maybe...(clicks tongue)

April: Prostitution?

Ford: I was gonna go with forced sex-trafficking....but prostitution's pretty much the same.

April: How dare you? I'm from Pennsylvania....and I have a uncle who's a congressman! He's gonna hear about how you and these officers are mistreating these people. How you're killing these people!

Ford: Oh....well, your uncle must be worried sick about his niece...knowing she's while thugs are burning down the city cause they're pissed about the expected death of another thug?

April: "Thugs"? You mean black people?

Ford: (scoffs) I don't give a fuck that we found you with black guys. Shit, if we find you in a mandingo, that'd be fine by me. It seems in your case; you'd find more of the jew in a man.

April: (sarcastically) Oh, I'm sorry, officer, if that upsets you, but it takes a man to be with me....not a little boy.

Ford: (laughs) Really? So what do I look like? A man or a boy? Huh?

April: You tell me....boy.

Ford laughs.

Ford: I like you, sweetheart. You're funny.

April: You should see me on my Saturday night live nights. I really bring the house, especially when I make jokes about big bruting cops packing small heat inbetween their legs.

Ford: Hmm...

Ford then slaps April across the face.

Ford: You're a fucking sex-trafficking slave, aren't you?

April: No...