Shining Light in A Dark Place

Two days later
Ryan's view
This was Sullivan's 2nd shift back since Pruitt has died. He asked me to check on Andy. She still wasn't mentally ready to be left alone yet. I knocked on the door waiting for someone to answer. Andy finally came to the door and answered. She looked bad. Like really bad.

Ryan: Umm are you ready???
Andy: For what?
Ryan: We're going running. I texted you, but it's okay you have five minutes go get ready.

I took a seat on the couch waiting for Andy. 5 minutes had passed, 10 minutes had passed, and than 20 minutes had passed. I went up to the room and there Andy was in the bathroom on the floor crying. I set next to her.

Ryan: I'm here
Andy leaned into Ryan's embrace
Andy: I miss him so much. He's really gone Ryan.
Ryan: i know
She cried and cried he held her tighter

Travis's View
Vic had just pulled up to Grey Sloans hospital.
Travis: WOW being here just reminded me of how much I hate hospitals.
Vic: You're doing this for me. You ready?
Travis: I should be asking you that.

In the waiting room
I looked through the baby magazines wow Vic nervously set next to me. Her knee would just not stop shaking.
Travis: WOW these babies are like little aliens but very cute aliens.

That got Vic to laugh but she was still very nervous. I grabbed her hand.

Travis: I'm right here

Vic grabbed my hand a little tighter and had calmed down a lot. The doctor had now called her name. Vic got in the room and set on the bed.

Doctor: And are you the soon to be dad?
Travis: Huh.... no no no.. no...... no I'm just her best friend

The doctor applied gel to Vic's stomach and turned the lights out. The doctor moved the stick around before finally finding the little peanut in Vic's stomach. I could do nothing but smile, and Vic's eyes got all waters.

Doctor: You're about two months along. Come back in 4 weeks for your 3 month appointment.
Vic: thank you.
Doc: I'll have my nurse get you some pictures printed out

I looked down at my watch. Our shift started in less than an hour.

Travis: Alright Vic. Let's get these pictures and head out or we're going to be late for work.
Vic: Okay okay I got you

The next morning
Sullivan had just pulled up to his place. He unlocked the door. On the couch, was Ryan who was pretty much sleep. Sullivan woke up Ryan.
Ryan: Hey, she had a rough day. We had some Frosted Flakes, but I couldn't get her to eat. She's sleep right now though.
Sullivan: Thank you for everything. Most of all thank you for being here for her. How much longer are you in town?
Ryan: Umm after the funeral, I have to return back to training.
Sullivan: Well once again thanks man.

Sullivan walked up to his bedroom. In the bed lay Andy. He got in bed next to her. She moved over to him. He welcomed her into his embrace and than kissed her on the forehead.
Sullivan: I love you