Chapter 5

Jack watched as Angelica made her way to find Abigail he was sure. He kept the conversation going to make sure both stayed safe. "What exactly do you have on me?"

The man put his sword up. "Jack Sparrow." He stared him in the eye and walked back and forth on the deck. "Killing I don't know," he turned around and looked jack straight in the eye. "7 people. That we know of."

"Okay, okay, you've got me and Abigail both for a murder." The man looked at him like he was crazy. "Multiple murders. So what?"

"Shall I keep going?

"No," Angelica spoke up. "We don't have Abigail Swann. I've never heard of her. None of the men have either."

"Well, I've heard otherwise." He turned to the boat. "Come aboard men. Search the boat."

__________________

Angelica waited anxiously as soldiers made their way in with Abigail. She followed pretending to get some rum. She had been in many dangerous situations, but it never seemed as nerve racking as this.

"Is the lady in here?" One of the two asked.

"No, I told you I don't know a Abigail Swann."

There was a sneeze and Angelica wanted to hurt them to if the soldiers didn't first.

"Under the rug! There must be a secret compartment!" The second solider said.

______________

Abigail listened as men moved above her. It was the same men who wanted to have her hung. One of them sounded familiar...

Abigail had allergies ever since she was a little girl. She had been held one back, but before she could even think she let one slip. She stood at Joshua eyes wide.

They found her. They pulled both of them out and threw them on the ground.

Angelica drew her sword ready to fight, but Jack walked in. "Put it up, love." Angelica was confused, but Jack assured her. "Trust me." Angelica couldn't, but had to learn to if she would ever become his. Now was as good as a time as ever.

"Alright, take all 3. They boy and girl with the nasty pirate Jack Sparrow."

"Nasty pirate Captain, Jack Sparrow," Jack corrected.

"But wait! Joshua didn't do anything. Please let him stay." Abigail begged.

"Alright, let the boy stay," the solider pushed Joshua back making him stubble beside Angelica.

"Hold on," Joshua walked up to Abigail and put two of his fingers on her cheek. "I can protect you."

"No one can protect no one from the gallows." One of the soldiers said.

"No use in you dying with me." She began to cry.

He kissed her. "I won't let you die. I promise." He stroked the inside of her hair until they were torn apart by them being pulled away.

They were dragged away with Abigail crying and Jack pretty calm. She figured this wasn't his first time in jail.

"I'm sorry," Abigail said when she and Jack sat in the cell together.

"What I'd like to know is how a little 'ole thing like you killed someone."

Abigail exhaled. "She was with my beau."

Jack smiled. "Even I've never killed someone over a woman."

"She wasn't just any girl. She was giving him what he wanted. I really don't know why I didn't kill him while I was at it." She shook her head.

"When we break free I'll take care of him."

"I guess he told so I don't really care. Maybe they found her body. I don't really know." She sat there a minute. "Wait a minute." She turned her head to Jack. "Break free?"

"When the times right." He laid on the bench and got some sleep so Abigail decided she might as well do the same.

"I forgot to tell you," Abigail said when Jack woke up. "The man who took us was Charlottes older brother."

"Charlotte?"

"Yea, the girl I." She paused. "Murdered."

"Sometimes I like to improvise, but me nap gave me an idea. I might as well tell you."

_______________

Joshua and Angelica both paced the deck trying to think of what to do. Both of their loves were trapped in a cell ready to be hung, if they weren't already.

Joshua pulled out a piece of paper Jack had given him. Tomorrow at 6 am meet me alone it read. He crumbled it up and put it back in his pocket.

They followed slowly behind so Joshua could go find Jack in the morning. Angelica wasn't happy shouldn't do with him, but was trying to learn to trust Jack because she could always trust him to keep her safe.

Angelica drew her sword, walked away, needing someway to calm down. Angelica was a feisty woman and she had to use force to blow of steam.

Joshua plopped in the floor taking his hands in his face. He didn't know why he had been such a coward and not gone with his girl. His thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice and his name.

"Is that you boy?"

He stood up and turned around to find his uncle. "Uncle Joshamee!" Joshua had a bear hug with his mothers brother.

"I haven't seen you since you were...14?"

"It's been a long time, a whole 4 years."

Joshua caught up with his uncle taking his mind off problems until Gibbs brought up Jack. He explained he lost his respected Captain and girl. Gibbs promised to help before going to bed.

Joshua couldn't get to sleep for a long time, and when he did he had a terrible nightmare.

_____________

Abigail and Jack walked side beside in handcuffs and dirty. Their faces had no expression as they stood while their necks were being tied up.

"You promised you wouldn't let me die," Abigail whispered.

The lever was pulled and Jack and Abigail were slung up with the rope tightened around their neck. They struggled but couldn't break free. It seemed to go on forever.

"Joshua," Abigail kept whispering.

Joshua woke up and sat straight up with the memory of Abigail's lifeless body was still fresh in his mind. He walked around the boat trying to get rid of the terrible image of his beautiful girl in an un-beautiful way.

He went to his room and went to sleep pretty quick. He didn't have any nightmares.

________________

Abigail listened intently as Jack explained the plan. "Your going to have to show me how to do that."

Jack stood up and showed Abigail pointers on sword fighting. He noticed what his father noticed. She was a natural. Even if as was a natural she was inexperienced and a lot was riding on this. Everything was riding on this.