twelve

"Right, so, tell me why you're drinking at 2 o'clock in the afternoon on a Tuesday?"

Calum looked at Luke who was currently on his fifth beer, sulking and sitting outside at his patio table.

"Because he's punk rock!" Michael shouted from somewhere inside Luke's home.

"Fuck off, Mike!" Calum replied, shaking his head but still laughing at the old joke.

Calum took a seat next to Luke, clearing his throat. "You've been weird today." He mumbled, tilting his head slightly as Luke tried to get his tongue inside the bottle.

"She knows." Luke whispered mysteriously under his breath and then looked around to see if anyone else had heard him.

"What?" Calum asked, leaning forward slightly.

Michael joined them outside, holding a beer for each of them. "Yummy." Luke sang happily, taking the dark green bottle from his blonde haired friend.

Luke cleared his throat and then looked at Calum, squinting slightly from the sun. "She knows."

Calum looked to Michael, but he didn't know what was going on either. Michael shrugged and went onto his phone, taking a sip of his beer.

"She fucking knows!" Luke shouted, scaring Michael into dropping his phone. "Dude, what the fuck?"

"She knows, she knows, she knows."

Calum took the beer away from Luke, "Alright, no more of that. Who knows what?"

Luke pouted, making baby 'grabby hands' for beer bottle.

"Val, Valarie. Vaaaaal-ah-rieeee. She knows I'm a fake."

It started to make sense to Calum, but Michael was just as confused and slightly pissed off because his screen had cracked from the fall.

"Shit, you told her?" Calum guessed, leaning an elbow onto the table.

"Nope." Luke said, popping the 'p'. "She guessed, clever girl that one. Our kids would definitely had gone to college."

Michael choked on his sip of beer, "Okay, somebody please tell me what the fuck is going on."

Calum then began to fill Michael in.

"So you're in love with her?" Michael accused, not really understanding.

Luke nodded pathetically. "She's perfect."

Calum tried to keep a straight face, he felt bad for his best friend—he really did. But Luke was a total lightweight and a drama queen so this wasn't something he could take seriously until he knew all of the facts.

"Show me your phone." Luke pulled it out of his pocket and handed it over to Calum.

"How badly did he fuck up?" Michael chuckled, and then Luke groaned and Calum burst out laughing.

"You left her on seen?!"