𝒐𝒏𝒆

❝ 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒐𝒖𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐 𝒂𝒄𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒚 ❞

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

Everyone in Class 3-A had varying morning routines. Junmyeon liked to get in an early morning workout, but Baekhyun liked to take a leisurely shower and belt high notes whilst he was in there. Jongdae had to take the time to charge himself up, literally, for half an hour so his quirk was in full swing, and Chanyeol waited until Baekhyun was done, to take the a shower with scorching hot water, which seemed to be perfect for his fire quirk. Contrastingly, Minseok liked to shower last so he could use the coldest water setting, for obvious ice quirk reasons. Yixing was always the last to get up, and he always blamed it on his healing and decay quirk requiring lots of energy, but everyone else knew he just stayed up late on his phone. Kyungsoo got ready quickly, and went straight to the kitchen to cook himself a copious breakfast; his classmates didn't understand why, since they all seemed to be content with a bowl of cereal, or some toast.

Despite everyone's varying routines, one thing in the Class 3-A dorm was always the same: Jongin was always the first one up. His routine was simple. He woke up hours before anyone else and stared at his phone for a solid fifteen minutes. Then, he went out into the garden and did what he did best — dance. Jongin could do it all — hiphop, contemporary, jazz — but what he did best was ballet. He liked to dance with some of his classmates, like Yixing, Taemin and Jimin, but when he was alone at dawn, things were different. That was Jongin in his element.

The morning of the first day back to school was no different.

Jongin bent over doubled, panting heavily in the garden as the autumn sun shone over the muddied patterns of the leaves. Sweat trickled down his face, dripping down the tip of his nose as he guzzled down water. He stood tall, taking in a deep breath, the wind tangling with his hair. Jongin grabbed his bottle, making his way back inside. It was seven o'clock on the dot, which meant his three hours of dance were over and he had an hour and a half to be ready for class.

It took only half an hour for him to return back downstairs into the common room, dressed in his Seoul Hero Academy uniform. His emerald hair was gelled up, revealing his forehead, and his hazel eyes locked onto Baekhyun getting scolded by Junmyeon by the fireplace. Jongin chuckled to himself as he passed the breakfast bar, grabbing an apple as he caught sight of a smashed vase by Baekhyun's feet.

"Nice to see nothing's changed," Jongin commented, sticking his tongue out at the shorter, ivory-haired male. Baekhyun huffed, steam practically pouring out of his ears as he charged towards the younger boy. A smirk tugged at Jongin's lips as he got close, right before he dematerialised before Baekhyun's eyes. Baekhyun let out a groan as he collided with the counter.

"Jongin, you little shit," yelled Baekhyun, rubbing his aching side, "You can't keep using that quirk of yours to mess with me." He marched over to the sofa where a dark cloud had formed right before Jongin reappeared within a split second.

"Forgive me, Baek." Jongin blew his friend a kiss, mischief glinting in his eyes. It only resulted in a smack on the head.

"Don't make me blind you, asshole." Warned Baekhyun, holding up a hand as effulgent light shone from his palm. Jongin gulped a little as Baekhyun's eyes lit up menacingly.

"That's enough of that."

Baekhyun turned around at the sudden interjection and felt two hands up against his face, squishing his cheeks. He moved to argue but felt every hair on his body rise as a sharp current ran through him. It was only brief, and he was dropped down within seconds, but Baekhyun felt like a live wire had been stuck right into his brain. He sat crumpled on the ground, unable to talk as his vision adjusted.