𝒕𝒘𝒐

❝ 𝒅𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 ❞

-ˋˏ ˎˊ-

Jongin walked as fast as his legs would allow, trying to keep his distance from Sehun, who was trying to keep up. The other boy didn't exactly want to be near Jongin, but he didn't know his way around school, so had to stay close enough to follow him to their detention.

"Can you slow down?" Sehun finally complained, scowling at Jongin's back once he ignored him and turned the corner, "I don't know my way around here yet, you asshole, just slow—"

Sehun had followed him around the corner, but suddenly collided against Jongin's chest, not having realised that he had turned and stopped. The pair tumbled onto the ground, Sehun splayed over Jongin's figure, heat flushing his body. He slowly looked up from Jongin's chest, dreading meeting his gaze, as he felt his cheeks glaze over with pinky hues. Sehun shifted his arm, accidentally running it against his white shirt, unintentionally able to feel Jongin's broad and well-defined chest. It moved up irregularly for a brief moment, almost as though Jongin's breath hitched, but then the boy coughed violently from underneath Sehun.

"Uh...I was...um..." Jongin's voice trailed off the second he met Sehun's gaze, the tips of his ears reddening. He felt his stomach churn, chest filling with an unidentifiable warmth. This wasn't what was supposed to happen, but Sehun was just so close, and Jongin couldn't seem to function properly. He tore his gaze away, squeezing his eyes shut as he turned his face to the right. Sehun was the enemy. He felt Sehun get off him, and so Jongin got up as well, dusting himself down as they avoided eye contact with each other, "I was about to say that we're here."

Sehun followed Jongin's gesture towards a tall, translucent glass door with a sign sticking out of the wall, reading 'Class 3-S: Hero Support Course'.

"What's the hero support course?" Sehun asked, scrunching his defined eyebrows. Jongin shot him an agitated look.

"Seriously? You don't know what a hero support course is? What were they teaching you in London?" Jongin rolled his eyes, letting out a little huff as he leaned against the wall, "The kids in the hero support course are mechanical whizzes. They go on to work in the hero support industry, like designing functional costumes or making weapons for specific heroes. It's actually pretty cool."

"So...they're like assistants?" Sehun stated, not understanding what's so special about them.

"You sound like a privileged brat." Jongin sneered, "They're the backbone of hero society, without them, heroes wouldn't be nearly as effective." He tilted his head, eyeing Sehun, a bitter tone growing in his voice, "I thought you of all people would know that, since you're so interested in maintaining a 'perfect hero society'."

"I've just not been back here for a long time, so the terminology and structure of hero society here is just a bit rough for me," Sehun explained, grimacing at Jongin, a haughtiness grew in his tone, "Plus, a real hero should be good enough to survive without extra gadgets."

"Cool, hand over your costume, then." Jongin held his hand out with a sarcastic look on his face, darkened eyes judging Sehun, "If you wanna be a 'real' hero, you should go without it, right?"

"You're one to talk about being a real hero."

"At least I don't pretend to know what that means." Jongin turned away from Sehun before he could interject, and opened up the door to the classroom.