22

It had been a few days since I started to live with Jungkook. Not that I asked him to but after I tried to take my own life, he was adamant about not letting me be on my own. Knowing my fears he did his best to keep me accompanied in every possible situation except for some which weren't feasible for both.

However, we had smartly come up with an amazing idea to use a walkie-talkie in such a scenario which had now made me feel safer even when I was doing my business alone in the washroom.

Jimin tried to contact me numerous times, maybe after he figured out I was no longer in my apartment but I chose to ignore him for the time being. I was not in the right mental or physical state to have any kind of conversation with him as the wound he inflicted on me still burnt. My heart wept every night recalling the day he had abandoned me even after witnessing everything that has happened to me.

He was there as a spectator yet he chose to walk out during the time I was most vulnerable.

it was not that I did not love him, but because I loved him so much that his absence pained me to the point that I was sure if I had to face him again, I would break down beyond repair.

The agony of losing someone whom I loved so deeply and cherished more than my life because I was incapable of showing my real feeling was tormenting to bear. Whatever Taehyung had made me go through had turned me into a coward. I was so afraid to accept my feeling and reciprocate them leading him to get an impression that he meant nothing but an easy catch which was never true.

If before Jimin was one of my closest friends after the incident he had become my family, Someone I was looking forward to spending my whole life with but now nothing but an unresolved paradox remained between us.

Jungkook helped me down from his bike and holding hands we went back to my apartment. He had told me that he had managed something that would help me to deal with the current situation so I was giving him the benefit of doubt.

Hoping that I wouldn't run into Jimin, I got into the elevator and when we reached my Apartment, I hurriedly entered it feeling more scared to face Jimin than the ghost itself.

"Let's wait here, he will be here in a minute" Jungkook informed checking his phone while I tried my best not to think of that hunting night that led me to almost commit suicide.

After around fiftheen minutes, Jungkook welcomed a posh-looking guy in a dark long traditional robe inside my apartment.

"Hello, I am Jung Hoseok" he introduced himself with a smile that was warm and bright like a sun.

"He is a demonologist, umm kind of paranormal investigator" Jungkook explained and I glanced at him feeling stunned.

Mr Jung's aura was so radiating that I was sure that the evil spirit would flee away even within the 1km of his presence.

With his gentle eyes fixated on me, he walked around the room however rather than investigating my hunted apartment he simply gazed at my face with his expression turning dimmer every passing second as though he could see through my soul and take a peek into my past.

"So much anger and resentment" he whispered, the smile never leaving his lips.

"Huh" both Jungkook and I got confused as he gave him a questioning look.

"I feel it, a demonic presence, it's very strong however it's not from this room" He explained finally looking away to inspect the apartment.

I wanted to shout I knew it but only his words were not going to help me either, I needed proof to show it to the world.

Jungkook face morphed into a frown, clearly not being to digest anything that was coming out of the demonologist's mouth, however, I was touched seeing how he was swaying away from his belief and was trying to help me in the best possible way.

"You took something very precious away from it, am I correct?" Hoseok refocused his keen gaze on me and my breath stuck.

"Something he wanted all of his life, something he craved for was taken away. I can feel so much animosity that I cannot explain in words" from his pocket he took out incense sticks and a holder then lit it up to take a whiff.

"It's anger but not hate" he arched his right eyebrow placing the stick inside the holder.

"Strange..." he murmured.

As if my eyes were playing a trick the smoke coming from the incense holder flew towards me and both my and Jungkook's orbs grew wider.

"...but interesting" saying that he walked towards me and touched my stomach then his hand slide towards the side of my abdomen.

My knees were already growing weak as I placed my palm over my abdomen as well.

"What have you done my love? Seems like you have no escape from this"