1

I sat in the driveway biting my lip, my parents didn't often call me over with big news, so I was nervous to say the least. But Jimin told me to go and he promised to take me out later for ice cream. And I'm a sucker for ice cream.
I mean my boyfriend's good company too...

"Hey mom, hi dad." I smiled, stepping into the foyer, mom looked up, eyes wide.

"Oh, Y/n I'm so happy you came so quickly! We have such good news!" She hugged you tightly, pulling you into the living room.

Dad was sitting in his chair, elbows resting on his knees as he studied a big stack of papers in his hands. His reading glasses slipped down his nose and he sniffed at them in annoyance.

"Ah, y/n, sit down so we can share the news!"

"Um, okay." I laughed lightly, a bad feeling twisting in my gut.

"Do you remember our old neighbors?"

"The Jeon's?" I mused, we didn't have many neighbors.

"No dear, the Lee's. You were close with their son when they lived next door."

I sank into the couch, racking my brain for a hint at this childhood friend and the Lee's relevance. There was a kid she used to play with who might've been from next door. "Vaguely?"

"Well, when you were little you two were absolutely inseparable," mom clapped dreamily, "two peas in a pod."

"Well they've reached out to us recently and its time." Dad coughed, resting a calming hand on mom's thigh.

"Time foorrrrrr...." I drawled, pressing a hand to my forehead. I felt my phone resting heavy on my leg, tempting me call Jimin and escape the crazy feeling of uneasiness I got from my parents' excitement.

"For you and their son to get married of course!" Mom smiled.