5

"So do I!" Minhyuk let out through gritted teeth.

I felt my jaw slacken in surprise and I wasn't completely sure I'd heard him right. But the instantaneous fear and regret in his own features betrayed all of that. I just had to be sure.

"You're gay?" I whispered, leaning in.

He looked over my head and behind himself and to the side before leaning forward as well. "Yes, okay. So I'm clearly not very stoked with this whole arrangement either."

I leaned back, considering him. Lean, tall, handsome honestly. I could see it. But I do have excellent bifi when I'm thinking about it.

"I'm bi, not that its relevant, but your out to me, so I'm out to you."

He nodded. "Nice, allies."

He held his hand out for me to shake.

This time I shook his hand, a clasped firm upward shake that for some reason came naturally to me. He smiled too and then he bought me ice cream while I texted Jimin to cancel.

I had to promise to call him afterwards cuz he missed me, but i was already planning on doing that anyway.

"So what is it you wanted to talk about. I assume you didn't originally plan to out yourself to a virtual stranger." I asked, picking the cherry out of the the bowl and popping it in my mouth.

Minhyuk nodded easily, "I want you to help me. Just," he held up his hands, steady and pleading, "hear me out."

I nodded, scooping up some of my ice cream to shut me up. Guaranteed silence.

"I want to go through with the marriage thing. Like, no issues. We pretend we get along, hold hands and shit. Make the parents happy. You know?" He looked at me for a sign to continue.

I frowned at him.

"I'm gay and my family doesn't know that. And they can't ever know that. I've accepted this. But... they don't have to know what we do in our marriage. You can date your mans and I can date mine and we'll just be roommate's. Instead of lovers. But our parents will be happy." He explained.

"Besides, this marriage contract stuff can't last forever so we can divorce in a couple of years and you can get married to whoever when that time comes." He grinned.

My frown deepened as I thought. There was a lot of logic beneath all that fluffy hair, I'd give him that. But regardless of our parent's feelings, I had Jimin's feelings to think about. I couldn't just agree blindly.

"I agree to talk to my boyfriend about this." I sighed. "Only cuz we're allies."

He smiled, clearly relieved, and leaned back in his chair enjoying is milkshake.

I really did feel nostalgic sitting in front of him. There was something undeniably childlike in the fringes that fell over his eyes and pout of his lips on his crazy straw - which he made a point to request.