11

So talking wasn't working. Jimin was in no mood to talk further and dropped me off at home. The whole ride was quiet, the keys jangled against the steering wheel, his shoes scraped the brakes, and his bracelet made a soft thump against the shift. He got out after me and followed me to the door.

"I promised I'd call my mom tonight." He said gruffly.

"Yeah okay." I rolled my eyes, letting myself into our apartment. "Its not like you've needed to drop me off to call her before."

"Huh?" Wendy lifted her eyes from the papers spread out across the floor.

"Nothing, sorry. Hey," I nodded to the others, letting the door close harshly. "Jimin problems."

Joy finished glueing something down and sat up, eyes suspicious. "Since when do Jimin and problems form a sentence?"

"Its like Hyuna and Dawn breaking up."

"Eeeh, its not that extreme, its a disagreement and he's being distant right now. I'll give him his space." I shrugged. "How's the scrapbook?"

"Hellish." Hyuna announced, shuffling in with a tray of mugs, "I didn't know you'd be home so early, can I make you some too?"

"No, thanks, I'm gonna shower first and then I'll join you guys."

"Hurryyy," Joy complained, "So we can watch a moviiiee."

Wendy yelled, "Hey! We're finishing the page at least!"

After a quick shower I was dressed in a giant tshirt and my feet were stuffed into their fluffy slippers. The girls were gathering shreds of paper and piling up photos to put away. The scrapbook was Wendy's big project. She wanted to remember her youth so she could share it with her kids someday. Everyone else kinda got roped into helping, not that anyone really minded that much.

Wendy was still unmoved, legs crossed beneath her as she bent over the book, fussing with stickers and construction paper. I sat behind her, letting my feet rest on either side of her arms.

"Let's watch Parasite."

Irene shivered and Joy yelled out in protest while Hyuna nodded easily and Wendy shouted a yes. We situated ourselves on the couch, blankets thrown across us and pillows hugged close, Wendy's legs were in my lap and Hyuna's head was on my shoulder.

There was a knock at the door at some point after they'd switched the movie, an episode of Ouran High School Host Club was playing and Irene shuffled over to answer it.

"Did someone order pizza?" Wendy wondered.

"Uh, Y/n? Its for you." Irene called.

I got up with a solid puff of air, it was Jimin, I was sure, ready to talk things out and approach it differently.

I pulled the door open wider and blinked.

Minhyuk was standing on the doorstep looking cold, damp, and teary eyed.

He looked up at me, blinking a few times and wiping at his eyes. "I need to tell you something."

"Sure, come inside, are you alright?"

"Ask me after we talk." He managed a dry chuckle.

I told the girls to play the episode without me and they nodded, someone was calling for pizza as Minhyuk and i stepped into the kitchen.

"I want to show you a picture of me and my boyfriend, I," his hands were shaking as he opened his phone, the tears he'd wiped away were brimming again, threatening to spill over; he shoved the phone into my hand, words tumbling over his lips. "I had no idea until about an hour ago, I didn't know what to do."

His phone was heavy and warm in my hand, the screen too bright. A smiling picture stared up at her, Minhyuk's familiar face smushed as a small hand squished his cheeks together. The other boy's lips were pressed fondly against Minhyuk's temple. They looked so happy.

"Please, please tell me that's not your Jimin too."