CHAPTER III: STUCK WITH ME

Rowan tapped her pen against the desk, tuning out the droning of Fairy Godmother's lecture on the History of Auradon. It was the first day back in school since the small 'readjustment' break. All of the Villain Kids who had ventured from the Isle had been enrolled in classes and given dorms. The halls were much more colorful than before, and the fashion sense had certainly improved, in Rowan's opinion.

However, the final class of the day failed to draw Rowan's attention. In her younger years, her mother had taken it upon herself to teach the girl of all things Auradon. She used to say, "it's no Neverland, but the history is as rich here as anywhere else." As a result, Rowan had always aced this class, without ever having to open a book.

The dismissal bell finally chimed, and everyone gathered their belongings to leave. Rowan threw her satchel over her shoulder, grabbed her pencils and went to leave, but was halted by Fairy Godmother in her path.

"Hello there, Rowan. Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

Rowan groaned, guessing what was coming next.

"Please, Fairy Godmother. I already served two weeks of detention, and after that stunt that Audrey pulled, I don't think it's very fair that I have to endure another week for turning the bitch's hair green!"

Fairy Godmother flinched at the harsh language. "Now, Rowan Pan. I will not allow that sort of language here! You're lucky that I don't add to your punishment. Regardless of what Audrey has done, we do still have rules here. She is being punished for her actions as well, and in a much stricter manner, I assure you. Be that as it may, you still have to reap the consequences for your actions, so another week it is. Be lucky that the council let you off the hook for break."

"Ha! Let her off the hook. You should reserve those play on words for me!" a voice came from behind the ladies.

Harry Hook sauntered into the classroom, and threw his own bag down on one of the desks. He sat back in a chair and kicked his feet up on the desk. "Is this where I report to for detention?"

With a flick of her magic hands, Fairy Godmother swept Harry's feet off of the desk and sat him upright. "Yes it is, and don't think that just because you're new here, the rules don't apply to you as well, Mr. Hook. You launched a weapon across the courtyard? What were you thinking?"

"It was an accident, I swear!" Harry laughed in his own defense.

Rowan crossed her arms and smirked. So he had been reprimanded after all. This filled her with a bit of joy. That is, until Fairy Godmother said the next few words.

"An accident that has landed you in a weeks' worth of detention, Mister."

Rowan realized that she would have to see Harry Hook's face every day for the next seven days and groaned. Harry laughed, clearly enjoying the girl's frustration with this fact.

"We are all being very patient," Fairy Godmother began to say to Harry, "and King Ben is being as kind as he can to all the transfers here. You are clearly wanting to be in Auradon for a reason, so please do not take advantage of that kindness. We all thank you for your bravery in saving Auradon, but just as anyone else, you must accept punishment for your actions otherwise."

With that, Fairy Godmother left the room, whishing the doors closed behind her.

Rowan sat down at her desk once more, pulling out a sketch book that she always carried with her. She began to continue on the map of Neverland she had been working on for several weeks now. Though she tried to focus, soon she felt the presence of someone looming over her.